Solved Slim RGH beeps but doesn't turn on

• Thread starter SupplyTurtle69
  • Start date
  • Views 1,513
S

SupplyTurtle69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried flashing a new NAND yesterday through J-Runner. I forgot to unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and now it just beeps but won't turn on. The retail side works fine, and I can still read the NAND through j-runner. How can I fix this?

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
You don't need to unplug the power cord. As long as you don't attempt to write to either nand while xbox is powered on.
Dump your retail nand and create another hack image from it. Write demon nand.

If you are still having problem I could do it for you on team viewer.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
I tried flashing a new NAND yesterday through J-Runner. I forgot to unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and now it just beeps but won't turn on. The retail side works fine, and I can still read the NAND through j-runner. How can I fix this?
I have personally had experience with this issue. Double check that you can write to the DemoN NAND fine and not just the retail side. Beeping but no power is almost always soldering. I checked mine and it looked good but I had the same problem as you. At the same time though the tip I had been using was started to get a bit dirty and not hold solder so well right in the middle I was installing a DemoN in my own personal Xbox. So I went out and got some tip cleaner, cleaned the my irons tip to a shine and then redid all of the QSB points so that they were nice and shiny balls and BAM it works beautifully now. Also while doing my first DemoN a while ago around when it came out I was using a larger tip size (now I bought some nice and tiny ones just for DemoN installs :biggrin:) and while double I found that two of the QSB points looked like they had connected but when I looked very close they were just connected to the QSB point on the DemoN and not the actual point on the board.

So my suggestion to you is to double check all of the QSB points, even the ones that aren't connected to the NAND. Also use a multimeter to check the connection on the D0-D7 pads to the NAND pins on the other side if you cannot write to the DemoN NAND because a missing connection between one of those points would cause that. The DemoN QSB points need to have quality, solid connections for it to work properly so redo them if any aren't the greatest. I have also read of people having issues with the fan spinning to max speed when trying to boot and the Coolrunner not glitching sometimes, and the person had to unplug the console for 30 seconds and retry again. This is because the SMC was not properly resetting upon switching NANDs due to poor connections.

J

johnhomesmf

Reaction score
If it's not wiring. I had the same problem on my slim rgh bad smc could not read or write to the nand tho. Mine was only single nand had to follow bad flash recovery tut.I don't Know if it works with DemoN NAND but with the triple nand although not recommended..U can have it on retail nand switch nands without unplugging the power flash good nand but make shore u have you're retail backed up .

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
If it's not wiring. I had the same problem on my slim rgh bad smc could not read or write to the nand tho. Mine was only single nand had to follow bad flash recovery tut.I don't Know if it works with DemoN NAND...

No this doesn't apply to demon.

Top Bottom