What's new

Solved Slight slowdowns, is this normal?

• Thread starter jameslieb
  • Start date
  • Views 151
J

jameslieb

Reaction score
When I'm playing a game from either my internal or external drive, there is a ~1/2 second slowdown at certain points, such as in RE Revelations going through a door, Batman AC at various points while flying around the city, and while driving around in GTA IV. I can't tell if this is normal or if I have a faulty system. It's an RGH Falcon.

F

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Reaction score
It might just be a simple fps drop.
Or rendering the gpu can't handle right at that second.

I wouldn't worry about it pal.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
Such small changes happen on normal Xboxs. Its just cause the Xbox is old.

J

jameslieb

Reaction score
It might just be a simple fps drop.
Or rendering the gpu can't handle right at that second.

I wouldn't worry about it pal.

Well I'm not really primarily concerned about the hardware dying, the slowdowns disrupt the flow of the gameplay and honestly really bothers me.

O oblivioncth : Is that definitely the reason? And is there any way it can be improved?

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Do you have an 8GB flash drive to put a game on it? It may be that the HDDs are both old and have corrupted data, causing the read head to slow down. It could also be overheating or something along those lines. An Xbox is just a specified computer, do what you normally do with yours to make it run better.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
Well I'm not really primarily concerned about the hardware dying, the slowdowns disrupt the flow of the gameplay and honestly really bothers me.

O oblivioncth : Is that definitely the reason? And is there any way it can be improved?
I would take iMoses' suggestions. Nearly fully or cluttered HDDs/Flash Drives can easily cause slow down, as can poor quality ones.

J

jameslieb

Reaction score
I don't have a USB flash drive unfortunately. Is there any way I can install an fps counter onto my RGH so I can find out if I have framerate problems and if so how bad it is?

Top Bottom