fl0wen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering how, we used the HDD removal trick.​

D

DarkAmbur

S7 Awesomeness
Reaction score
How did you do that... Never heard of the HDD Removal Trick?

D

Derf Jagged

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's the same as it was to remove death barriers in H3 and Reach, the host has to unplug their xsata harddrive, which lets the other players roam the map with no death barriers.

M

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
I think it's the same as it was to remove death barriers in H3 and Reach, the host has to unplug their xsata harddrive, which lets the other players roam the map with no death barriers.
This, it causes the host to not respond to the clients, yet not switch to a new host, meaning things like death that normally require a host response to occur do not happen, but also player positions/projectiles etc.

It's like the time right before a host change where everyone is walking in a straight line and you don't do damage or die, but indefinitely (or until the host gets annoyed that he can't play while doing it).

O

A Halo 4 Player

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used this in halo 3 to hide oddballs and stuff.
Back, you know, when hiding was actually good!

A

aSpoonboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could anyone make a tutorial for that because I am really curious about that :smile:

M

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
could anyone make a tutorial for that because I am really curious about that :smile:
There's only two ways that I know of.

The usual way needs a game host who has xsata hardware (used for transferring files from your hard drive to your computer), and when he has people in his game he removes his hard drive from the xbox, the xsata making it so that it doesn't just kick everyone out of the game. This causes the host not to respond to the clients, causing things like death not to happen.

The other way involves a modded xbox.

Top Bottom