Discussion Skeptical of Modern Warfare 2? Read Here

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Messages
8,288
Reaction score
10,954
Alright, I have a little something against I.W...regardless, I wanna know what seperates this game from Call of Duty 4. The reason I'm VERY skeptical of buying this game is the fact it'll probably be just like its father and get stale fast. Just about anybody that likes Call of Duty 4 at my school has skipped today just to play it, another thing that makes me very skeptical of the game. It's overhyped and everything but will it stand up to that hype and overrated speculation and be "Game of the Year" or just be another run of the mill multiplayer with cute graphics like CoD4?


So here's when you guys come in. I think it'd be handy if people could just check out this thread, those who really are thinking twice before buying this game instead of subcomb to the hype.

Post what you think seperates this game from CoD4, it's features, and why you think it was worth your pre-order or in-store purchase. I'd rather hear it from people than watch videos on youtube.


Happy Posting :cool:
 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
SharpGhost said:
be another run of the mill multiplayer with cute graphics like CoD4?
Im already a lvl 45 in multiplayer and i would say the above quote is a good way to describe the game. The only thing i feel that is changed is the killstreaks. Its basically cod4 with different killstreaks and new maps.
 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
You would think a few years would make the game look better though, you think it wouldnt look the exact same, they could have just made this game a dlc to cod4.
 

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Messages
484
Reaction score
53
SharpGhost said:
Alright, I have a little something against I.W...regardless, I wanna know what seperates this game from Call of Duty 4. The reason I'm VERY skeptical of buying this game is the fact it'll probably be just like its father and get stale fast. Just about anybody that likes Call of Duty 4 at my school has skipped today just to play it, another thing that makes me very skeptical of the game. It's overhyped and everything but will it stand up to that hype and overrated speculation and be "Game of the Year" or just be another run of the mill multiplayer with cute graphics like CoD4?


So here's when you guys come in. I think it'd be handy if people could just check out this thread, those who really are thinking twice before buying this game instead of subcomb to the hype.

Post what you think seperates this game from CoD4, it's features, and why you think it was worth your pre-order or in-store purchase. I'd rather hear it from people than watch videos on youtube.


Happy Posting :cool:
Even if there were no hype at all surrounding this game, it would still sale millions of copies because COD4 was genuinely good. I personally preordered the game months ago because I'm a fan of the COD franchise, as I'm sure everyone else that preordered is. But to stay on topic, there are many things that separate this game from COD4, although there doesn't have to be since it is a sequel. . . But for example, Multiplayer. There are lots of new perks, there are many different guns, and tons of customization choices for those guns. For instance, Bling. IW adding this perk, just proves that they are listening to their fan base. This game is probably one of the only few games that has actually been designed and catered more toward what the fans want, and not to new players that have never played COD. . . Regardless of what you want to believe or what people tell you, NO one is going to know if they like the game or not until they play it. It's all about personal preference. Instead of asking other people if you should buy it, why don't you just go and play it for yourself. Only you can decide if you like it or not. . .
But whatever that's just my opinion. I think the game is great. There's tons of kill streaks, the leveling system keeps you playing for a long time, the guns and attachments are always fun to play around with. I can't say much about campaign because I haven't played it yet. . . I would highly recommend you at least try it though.

Go Outside Nerd said:
You would think a few years would make the game look better though, you think it wouldnt look the exact same, they could have just made this game a dlc to cod4.
How does it look anywhere near the same? It's running on an upgraded engine! You either never played COD4 much, or your eyes need to be checked. . .
 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
vvSTRIDEvv said:
Since when is COD4 another run of the mill anything?

And, it is a sequel so....
Halo 1 looks nothing like halo 2, halo 2 looks nothing like halo 3. If you could load up backlot on mw 2 you would literally think you are playing cod4.

Joshandrok you do realize there is less perks in mw 2 right? Also there are not "many" different weapons, there are a few.
 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
Its not a complete new perk, its just an add on to the orginial, if you are counting the add ons as "a whole new perk" then maybe your right. But i consider sleight of hand the same as sleight of hand pro, the only difference is .02 second of faster reloading.

All im saying is that the game is already boring for me, and i was hoping it wouldnt be.
 

vvSTRIDEvv

Retired
Retired
Messages
2,247
Reaction score
1,206
Go Outside Nerd said:
Halo 1 looks nothing like halo 2, halo 2 looks nothing like halo 3. If you could load up backlot on mw 2 you would literally think you are playing cod4.

Joshandrok you do realize there is less perks in mw 2 right? Also there are not "many" different weapons, there are a few.
As Joshandrock said, it's all a matter of preference. There is no denying that there is way more to do in this game, way more action imo.

I do find the killstreaks a bit cheap though. The fact that you can get more than one chopper per streak is just silly. At the same time, it was 'us' the fans who complained that there weren't enough killstreak bonuses.

And the FAMAS is also the cheaps.






 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
Idk, i guess im not much a cod guy. Im not for sound whoring and sitting in prone in the corner of the room. I like games where if you get shot in the back by a nub hiding you can turn around and 4 shot them instead of dying instantly.

I use the famas, lol.
 

vvSTRIDEvv

Retired
Retired
Messages
2,247
Reaction score
1,206
Oh ok....So, what your saying is you like less realistic games....interesting. To each his own.:wink:
 

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Messages
249
Reaction score
24
vvSTRIDEvv said:
Oh ok....So, what your saying is you like less realistic games....interesting. To each his own.:wink:
Rofl go join the army if you want realistic. I play video games because they arent real. Anyone can be good at Call of duty, all you need is a smg and a nice corner to sit in. I prefer games where skill is used to win, not turtle beach headphones and a nice floor to go prone on.
 

KaelXBL

Premium
Premium
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
180
Go Outside Nerd said:
Rofl go join the army if you want realistic. I play video games because they arent real. Anyone can be good at Call of duty, all you need is a smg and a nice corner to sit in. I prefer games where skill is used to win, not turtle beach headphones and a nice floor to go prone on.
So, your saying you don't like games that use teamwork, tactical skills?

You want skill?!

Obvisiouly you either never played COD, or you just suck.
 

JZ nology

Enthusiast
Messages
548
Reaction score
78
Go Outside Nerd said:
Halo 1 looks nothing like halo 2, halo 2 looks nothing like halo 3. If you could load up backlot on mw 2 you would literally think you are playing cod4.

Joshandrok you do realize there is less perks in mw 2 right? Also there are not "many" different weapons, there are a few.

Well ok, Halo CE was released at the same time the xbox was released, so obviously the use of the graphics capability wasn't 100%. Halo 2 was released well into the exhistance of the xbox so yeah, it looked a little better with a few extra things you could do in multiplayer, especially since it wrote the book for how a good online game should operate. Halo 3 is on the 360 so your argument is invalid on graphics. MW2 looks pretty good if you ask me, but im playing in 1080p hd and loving it.

l KrAzY l said:
So, your saying you don't like games that use teamwork, tactical skills?

You want skill?!

Obvisiouly you either never played COD, or you just suck.
LOL, pretty sure this game takes a lot of teamwork skill to be a great player. Either he is so good its boring, which is going to change fast cause its a fresh release, or can't by a kill.
 

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Messages
8,288
Reaction score
10,954
vvSTRIDEvv said:
Oh ok....So, what your saying is you like less realistic games....interesting. To each his own.:wink:

Psh. Honestly I just might've bought the game yesterday if it wasn't for the damned party chat thing within the game. When I used to play COD4 alot the only mode I'd play in was Team DM and Search and Destroy, both I've heard don't let you be in parties.

Secondly if you don't have MW2 don't bother gettin on Xbox Live with hopes of playing another game with someone. MW2 is currently alienating 90% of the population of any other game on the 360 in terms of daily online play. CoD4's a ghosttown :cool:
 

Shadow Heir1

Enthusiast
Messages
118
Reaction score
11
Go Outside Nerd said:
Its not a complete new perk, its just an add on to the orginial, if you are counting the add ons as "a whole new perk" then maybe your right. But i consider sleight of hand the same as sleight of hand pro, the only difference is .02 second of faster reloading.

All im saying is that the game is already boring for me, and i was hoping it wouldnt be.
Do you know how to read? The pro perks add new effects, not improving on the base effects. Sleight of Hand pro lets you zoom in faster, an invaluable skill for MGs.

I for one think MW2 lived up to the hype. It is much faster than CoD4. I like the new look, and the new point system, and I like that they listened to us... If we work together we can get an XBL party compatible TD :smile:.
 

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Messages
7,665
Reaction score
7,350
SharpGhost said:
another run of the mill multiplayer with cute graphics like CoD4?
Yup, Call of Duty 4 is obviously just a run of the mill game which won GoTY and occupied the majority of online users pre-MW2. Obviously just another game right?

Go Outside Nerd said:
Halo 1 looks nothing like halo 2, halo 2 looks nothing like halo 3. If you could load up backlot on mw 2 you would literally think you are playing cod4.
Your logic is flawed. Halo:ODST

Go Outside Nerd said:
Idk, i guess im not much a cod guy. Im not for sound whoring and sitting in prone in the corner of the room. I like games where if you get shot in the back by a nub hiding you can turn around and 4 shot them instead of dying instantly.
Obviously because you just want to run around being invinicible amirite? Honestly, how good would a game be if you shot somebody in the back and they ALWAYS turned around and killed you. They shouldn't be behind you anyway if you actually know what you are doing, be aware of your surroundings and think tactically rather then rush in.

You are one of those kids who if they are the one getting shot in the back and turned around and killed the kid would celebrate and say this is a fair game. Then when you shoot someone in the back and they turn around and kill you, would call the game complete **** and say it was unfair.

Go Outside Nerd said:
Rofl go join the army if you want realistic. I play video games because they arent real. Anyone can be good at Call of duty, all you need is a smg and a nice corner to sit in. I prefer games where skill is used to win, not turtle beach headphones and a nice floor to go prone on.
Go play Viva Pinata, since that is OBVIOUSLY more your game. I won't miss you.
 
Top Bottom