What's new

Discussion Six Awesome PS4 Games Coming Within Two Months

G

gygk

PlayStation Gamer
Reaction score
playstation-4-logo-blueplaystation-4-launch-line-up-revealed-gaming-phanatic-d6r6ued2.png

PlayStation 4 owners the post launch drought is almost over as six highly-anticipated titles are set to release in less than two months. If you own a PS4 there is bound to be at least one title you are going to want to pick up. If you're on the fence about the system these next two months may be enough to convince you.

tomb-raider-definitive-edition-1024x545.jpg

While it may be a port of a last generation title Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is shaping up to be a great showcase of the PS4's horsepower. With a little over a week until launch reports are already surfacing of the PS4 version of the game running at a higher frame rate than the Xbox One version. If you've never played the original you're missing out on one of the best action experiences from last generation.

LEGO-Movie-Videogame-Announce.jpg

The Lego games are known in the games industry to be solid, yet rather repetitive puzzle platformers. (light on the puzzles, forgiving on the platforms.) However, there’s no denying the charm these titles possess, and the official game of the upcoming Lego movie will likely continue this trend. The game is going to be worth a look, especially to those with younger players eager to play PS4.

Thief-Screenshot-PS4-Wallpaper.jpg

The return of Thief is finally here, and Eidos Montreal is bringing the classic stealth series back with a next generation entry on the PS4. Thief is notable as one of the first major IP releases in 2014 with marquee versions on both next generation systems, as well as support for the PC and last generation consoles. Thief is shaping up to be the most anticipated stealth title since Dishonored.

8454077000_cda96a358c_o.jpg

What began life as a Wii-U title is now set to launch on the PS4, nearly a year after the game was originally set to release as a Nintendo exclusive. However, Nintendo’s loss is everyone else’s gain, as Rayman Legends is a joy to play, and making it available to as many platforms as possible is a very good thing. If you already own the title on another console, there isn’t much new here, but if you’ve never played, I highly recommend it.

metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-screenshot-5.jpeg

Taking place a year after Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes serves as the prologue to Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain.

Ground Zeroes is essentially a bridge, connecting players to the plot that will eventually unfold when The Phantom Pain releases. Regardless of function, Ground Zeroes looks to feature the same classic Metal Gear gameplay with new tweaks to the formula, and should be on every PS4 owners list.

Second-Son-Gameplay-E3.jpg

Without a doubt, Infamous: Second Son will be Sony’s biggest game of Spring 2014. Infamous will be the biggest first party release of the year, and looks to continue the excellent standard set to in Infamous 2 for the PS3. If you’ve never played an Infamous title you should still consider the game, as it appears that Second Son is set as a nearly stand alone experience, featuring a brand new protagonist and setting.

I

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Reaction score
Finally something else to play. :woot:

I could easily see myself buying all those. (except Tomb Raider)

M

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Infamous and Thief are the only one's that look decent to me. Though part of me cant stand stealth game's.

A

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Reaction score
Rayman legends...
awwwww yyyyyiiiiiissssssss

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Reaction score
Infamous and Thief are the only one's that look decent to me. Though part of me cant stand stealth game's.
Thief just looks like Dishonered. That was the most overrated, overhyped game I've ever played.

A

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Reaction score
Thief just looks like Dishonered. That was the most overrated, overhyped game I've ever played.
Dishonored was an amazing game... if anything it was underrated.

D

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Reaction score
Thief and Infamous are the games I'm looking forward to in the next couple of months. I watched IGN's video on Thief that went up earlier this week (Wednesday/Thursday?), the game looks really cool!

T

TheGoon

Windy City Assassin
Reaction score
What about MLB 14 The Show

C

-Crippler-

Getting There
Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid: Pace Maker

Series has been beaten to death, exhumed, beaten again, maybe some sodomy, and beaten some more. The South Park Indiana Jones comes to mind.

Top Bottom