Solved Simple Questions

• Thread starter Patty Fleur
  • Start date
  • Views 286
P

Patty Fleur

Reaction score
Sin$
I hope this is the right section, but it's the only support forum I've seen. Anyway, here's my question.

I've decided to flash my Xbox360 Elite... and so far, it's going great (I mean that I was able to disassemble it and I understand mostly everything there is to do) , but there's one thing I do not understand in JungleFlasher v0.1.73 guide. Simply put, I have a Lite-On drive and at page 79 of the guide, there are "ways" you can follow. depending on your circumstances. One of the option is "Stock Firmware". Knowing that I never flashed or even modify/opened my Xbox360 (and that I want to back things up), which way should I go? Yes or No? Even with the notes, I can't figure it out, as they don't clearly say where to go in each cases. I just don't know what is it they ask...

(Here's the image) http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6884/stockfirmware.png

Also, is there something new or is that the most up to date way to do things? Do I need more stuff than a VIA6421a SATA PCI card and a Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 with Probe for backing up? I've seen something called "MRA" but it's says soldering/electronics skills are required, so is there other ways to fully back up?

Also, do I need any software with the VIA6421a SATA PCI card or do I just plug it in my computer?

C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. You have stock firmware, which means the firmware that comes on the drive. MRA is only needed for drives unflashable via SATA only, or with use of a probe. If you have a 74850C or a 8xxxx v1 you do NOT need to preform the MRA

P

Patty Fleur

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, thanks a lot, that's really helpful. I still don't know which version I exactly have because I'm lacking one of the needed screwdrivers, but I'll get it as soon as possible. I'll then know which process to go with.

P

Patty Fleur

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, turns out I do have a 7C, so now I'd probably have to buy a VIA6421a SATA PCI card and a Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 with Probe, right?

I don't quite remember where, but I think I saw a CK3 WITH Probe package somewhere. Is that reliable? Anyone ever heard of it? There are so many out there, I don't know which is best. Is there a good one on modtraders.co.uk? can that site be trusted?

P

Patty Fleur

Reaction score
Sin$
Please, I'd really need an answer here...

Do I need both the Xecuter CK3 Pro (Rev D) and the CK3 Probe v2 in order to flash my drive (I have Lite-On 7C)?
Here's the package in question: http://www.modtraders.co.uk/xecuter-ck3-pro-ck3-probe-2.html

Of course, I'll also have tp get the VIA 6421 PCI Sata Card.
This one: http://www.modtraders.co.uk/via6421.html

Should I be fine with all that?

Also, USB or Serial connection?

And finally, which iXtreme is the latest? iXtreme 1.6?

Top Bottom
Login
Register