What's new

Solved Simple Question RGH Matrix Glitcher 2

R

roobi

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi :smile:

I'm going to start by saying that i'm a noob when it comes to RGH/JTAG but i've been reading alot and bought Matrix Glitcher 2 for my Jasper Xbox, after many many hours i gave up.. No light at all im the Glitcher so i bought an Zephyr with 8599 dash and tried installing the Glitcher using the RGH 1 diagram, The glitcher blinks a few times before the xbox starts but no Xell? Do i have to read the nand or something or is it supposed to be totally plug n play?

Tried RGH2 also with no luck, desoldered and soldered again. I also tried all kinds of jumper setting on the glitcher

So my question is really : Do i have to read/dump nand (dont know what it means really) to get the Matrix Glitcher 2 to start xell and glitch?

Please help me :smile:

Chuckemz

Chuckemz

Jedi Sensei
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you would need to read the nand and create and ecc and write it to the nand to be able to get xell to boot. Just hooking up the glitcher will not make it work on its own.You might need to find out a little more info on how to do this with the matrix glitcher I use TX products only but im sure its not much difference.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
The RGH process in a nutshell:
- Solder in a NAND reading device such as LPT, NandX, Jr-Programmer, Matrix SPI Programmer, or other SPI device
- Read the original Nand to your computer with Nandpro 2.0e (LPT, Matrix, Other) or with JRunner (Recommended, NandX, Jr-Programmer)
- Create ecc in Jrunner from the original NAND dump
- Solder in your Glitch device (You have already done)
- If the Dashboard is below 14699, program/ set the glitcher to RGH1. If 14699 or above, program/select RGH2 (***Anything phat on 15574 or above can not be RGH'd and must be R-JTAG'd****)
- Write the Ecc to Nand
- Boot into Xell and retrieve CPU Key
- Load original NAND and CPU key into Jrunner and create Freeboot image
- Write Image

-Profit?

It is not a plug and play thing

BTW: You should probably read the countless tutorials for this before attempting. It really shouldn't be too hard.

R

roobi

Reaction score
Sin$
The RGH process in a nutshell:
- Solder in a NAND reading device such as LPT, NandX, Jr-Programmer, Matrix SPI Programmer, or other SPI device
- Read the original Nand to your computer with Nandpro 2.0e (LPT, Matrix, Other) or with JRunner (Recommended, NandX, Jr-Programmer)
- Create ecc in Jrunner from the original NAND dump
- Solder in your Glitch device (You have already done)
- If the Dashboard is below 14699, program/ set the glitcher to RGH1. If 14699 or above, program/select RGH2 (***Anything phat on 15574 or above can not be RGH'd and must be R-JTAG'd****)
- Write the Ecc to Nand
- Boot into Xell and retrieve CPU Key
- Load original NAND and CPU key into Jrunner and create Freeboot image
- Write Image

-Profit?

It is not a plug and play thing

BTW: You should probably read the countless tutorials for this before attempting. It really shouldn't be too hard.

Thanx for an really good answer and tut, i kindanknew it wasn't just plug and play... my local mod store told me it was just plug and play with this chip....

Should i update dash or not? Im on 8599 dash with my zephyr and i cant use usb flash drives or anything to use as storage in the xbox, in what dash can i use usb flash for storage? Btw, sorry for being noob..

BR

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanx for an really good answer and tut, i kindanknew it wasn't just plug and play... my local mod store told me it was just plug and play with this chip....

Should i update dash or not? Im on 8599 dash with my zephyr and i cant use usb flash drives or anything to use as storage in the xbox, in what dash can i use usb flash for storage? Btw, sorry for being noob..

BR

You can do the RGH, you just need some extra steps.

R

roobi

Reaction score
Sin$
You can do the RGH, you just need some extra steps.

Okay, My dvd drive seems dead (wont read discs) soni cand use discs to install apps (when i did RGH) så how should i solve it? Can i transfer apps like Xexmenu to my HDD without new dash?

Any special programmer you think i should use?

And then one more Q, if i get my RGH to work and i play some newer games like Gta V the xbox will probably prompt me to update ti a newer dash to play the game - how to solve?

2Quick4U

2Quick4U

Getting There
Services Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have never had any luck with the matrix v2.
I use matrix v1 on all my fat rgh1.0 and rgh 2.0 falcons and jaspers.
Ps some zephers just wont go that y I stay with falcon,jasper,trinity and corona
what cb does your zepher have because there are 2 rare zepher cb's that don't work at all ?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Ps some zephers just wont go that y I stay with falcon,jasper,trinity and corona
what cb does your zepher have because there are 2 rare zepher cb's that don't work at all ?

They do work, the GPUs are just trash so it's rare to find one that doesn't need a reflow.

R

roobi

Reaction score
Sin$

If i got it right then i need an Nand programmer/reader to check CB (no?), Cuz i don't have one yet

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
When you build the freeboot image, build one for a higher dashboard that has the USB support, so then you will be able to transfer XexMenu.

R

roobi

Reaction score
Sin$
When you build the freeboot image, build one for a higher dashboard that has the USB support, so then you will be able to transfer XexMenu.

When i build the freeboot image? Is that the one i put in the nand? Anyone know what dash to use for freeboot to get usb support? :smile:

And again, sry for being noob

2Quick4U

2Quick4U

Getting There
Services Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If i got it right then i need an Nand programmer/reader to check CB (no?), Cuz i don't have one yet
So your saying you installed a glitch chip and tried to boot it with out dumping your nand or writing the ecc. ?
I think you need to look at what ever tut your going by it should say wire up you nand reader get 2 matching dumps then write the ecc.
you said in your post that you did not have a Nand programmer/reader.
you will never do any jtaging or rghing with out a nand reader

Top Bottom
Login
Register