What's new

Discussion Signature mentor?

O G

O G

Seasoned Veteran Chatty Kathy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to get into making signatures but I need someone to teach me all this stuff. Can someone be like a mentor for me until I grasp how to make nice signatures?

Carbine

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, try looking around at a bunch of signature tutorials !

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to get into making signatures but I need someone to teach me all this stuff. Can someone be like a mentor for me until I grasp how to make nice signatures?
Do the opposite of what Carbiine said and just experiment with your own skill. Tutorials can only teach you so much and then you get used to just doing that. Mess around with different stuff and try different things.

Crash

Crash

Maniac
EotM Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have Photoshop, just mess around with the adjustment layers. Like Life Life said, try not to watch too many tutorials.

Bacon

Bacon

Meatier than ODonnell<3
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
I could take that bullet. even though i'm probably going to regret it

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Do the opposite of what Carbiine said and just experiment with your own skill. Tutorials can only teach you so much and then you get used to just doing that. Mess around with different stuff and try different things.

Nobody would be anywhere without tutorials m8. I'm sure you know.

I could take that bullet. even though i'm probably going to regret it

That is just rude.

Maou

Maou

もしもし
Mr. Nice Guy Programmer Services
Reaction score
Sin$
You could try looking at some past SoTW/SoTFN winners and get a general idea of what you want to do and just play around in PS from there. I'd download a c4d pack of some sort and maybe some other resources.

Carbine

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$

The thing is, tutorials can teach you placement, lighting, how to use C4D's etcc....
It's the best starting place I must admit.
Just my opinion though.

Bacon

Bacon

Meatier than ODonnell<3
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Nobody would be anywhere without tutorials m8. I'm sure you know.

That is just rude.

I say that because last time I tried doing a PSD for someone I ended up having to make 1812934189251928 changes to it and I quite frankly don't have more than 4 free hours in the day...

Holo

Holo

I am Holo, and Holo is all that I am
Retired
TotM EotM Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing is, tutorials can teach you placement, lighting, how to use C4D's etcc....
It's the best starting place I must admit.
Just my opinion though.

Tuts are awful. They are 95% of time just very vague and don't explain much. Placement can be learned by the rule of thirds. Lighting is common sense and should be seen from a scientific perspective. Honestly, experimenting is the better option. If you keep following tuts, then you won't learn anything. You will just learn what is in the tut, you won't learn anything else. Eventually, your tags will just look the same. Experimenting >Tuts. I would prefer a mentor over a tut any day.

Carbine

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Tuts are awful. They are 95% of time just very vague and don't explain much. Placement can be learned by the rule of thirds. Lighting is common sense and should be seen from a scientific perspective. Honestly, experimenting is the better option. If you keep following tuts, then you won't learn anything. You will just learn what is in the tut, you won't learn anything else. Eventually, your tags will just look the same. Experimenting >Tuts. I would prefer a mentor over a tut any day.

I guess everyone is against me on this.
So I won't continue to argue about it.
and I would take a mentor over tutorials, but the thing is will someone mentor him?
If not try to look at tutorials and learn.

O G

O G

Seasoned Veteran Chatty Kathy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Edit: I actually do have the latest Photoshop and didn't realize it was buried in my folders.

Top Bottom
Login
Register