• Start date
  • Views 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Tsp x ISkuNn3RI

Contributor
Reaction score
right EVERYONE says the xbox one will not play 360 games etc Where is your official confirmation from micrsoft or the xbox team . it pisses me of people saying this HOW do you no this is true ?

Just Saying .

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
right EVERYONE says the xbox one will not play 360 games etc Where is your official confirmation from micrsoft or the xbox team . it pisses me of people saying this HOW do you no this is true ?

Just Saying .

because they said it
look at there twitter there answering all the questions people asked.

K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score

Just Saying .

Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?

A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Off Xbox's site itself. Just saying.

X

xI cHOcOLaTe

Getting There
Reaction score
Xbox One -> x86 ASM Architechture.
Xbox 360 -> PPC Architechture.

They will not support one another, it's simply too big of a pain in the ***.

F

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Xbox One -> x86 ASM Architechture.
Xbox 360 -> PPC Architechture.

They will not support one another, it's simply too big of a pain in the ***.

I'm not disputing that it won't run 360 games, but the original xbox was x86, and the 360 was ppc, and the 360 was backwards compatible. So the architecture can't be the only reason.

K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
I'm not disputing that it won't run 360 games, but the original xbox was x86, and the 360 was ppc, and the 360 was backwards compatible. So the architecture can't be the only reason.

It used emulation. They decided to not use it this gen.

If they *wanted* to, they could have. In the end though, they chose not to.

C

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reaction score
I swear people these day's don't understand the concept of google. This is such a dumb topic.

B

Bwop Meat

Sports Fanatic
Reaction score
Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?

A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Off Xbox's site itself. Just saying.

Well I pre-ordered GTA V, so in this case what would happen then?

T

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score

Money is the main reason. They want you to buy the new console.

Well I pre-ordered GTA V, so in this case what would happen then?

Just switch your pre-order to the Xbox One or whatever system you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom