What's new

Discussion Should the next Call of Duty be based in WWII?

• Thread starter Itachi_Uchiha
  • Start date
  • Views 1,381
I

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Since Call of Duty 1 we've seen Modern war, Futuristic war, World War 2 and even Vietnam. But I feel that we are leaving World War 2 behind and the games are getting worse. I feel another World War 2 game would be fun and would refresh us from the recent Call of Duty mistakes.

What era should the next call of duty be in?

N

Nagato

Se7enAddict
Reaction score
I think it will be more futuristic.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is the next Call of Duty and it's already been announced. It's wicked futuristic. Call of Duties from now on will be that way since that's the direction we have been heading in for awhile now.

R

Remedy

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
Reaction score
I also think it would be more futuristic. As they kept that going with the recent games. But I would like to see a 1900s style maybe.

G

Gallows

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Eh, WWII is kinda old. The old CoD games, MoH and Brothers In Arms kind of wore it out. But maybe one last bad *** WaW II wouldn't be too bad.

M

FGE
Reaction score
Eh, WWII is kinda old. The old CoD games, MoH and Brothers In Arms kind of wore it out. But maybe one last bad *** WaW II wouldn't be too bad.
were you a fan of WAW 1?

I

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Only reason they wore out (to me that is) is because the games were rather the same because of limitations on the hardware at the time. A modern world war 2 game would have endless possibilities with todays hardware.
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is the next Call of Duty and it's already been announced. It's wicked futuristic. Call of Duties from now on will be that way since that's the direction we have been heading in for awhile now.
I already knew that i meant the next after that. and the futuristic games just don't seem appealing to me anymore.
I think it will be more futuristic.
Sadly you're probably right.

P

Pulse

GatorCheats.com
Verified
Premium
Reaction score
The Call of Duty series seems to be moving forward on the time line as games are released. I doubt that the franchise will be taken back to WWII, but there is always the possibility.

G

Gustavo Fring

I Am Gustavo Fring
Reaction score
Lets hope :woot:, I loved World at War.

D

Deathshadow97

The Shadow Of Deaths
Reaction score
COD games are slowly turning more and more futuristic. I think the best CoD games where CoD WaW and CoD MW2. they then started going downhill. I still remember where CoD Fanboys would say: Halo is too futuristic. Now CoD is making it worse. Halo atleast had a nice story behind it. While CoD is running slowly out of ideas. This is my opinion though.

I

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
COD games are slowly turning more and more futuristic. I think the best CoD games where CoD WaW and CoD MW2. they then started going downhill. I still remember where CoD Fanboys would say: Halo is too futuristic. Now CoD is making it worse. Halo atleast had a nice story behind it. While CoD is running slowly out of ideas. This is my opinion though.
Honestly they will never run out of ideas..... Off the top of my head i can come up with 200+ ideas for a cod storyline and it still be good. But i agree ever since Black ops 2 it's been plummeting.

N

Noob Saibot

Thank me later.♠
Reaction score
It will be a good while untill another WW2 COD. Ghost ends on a cliffhanger,AW is obviously out of the question,and Black Ops replaced MW as the flagship game. WaW is my 2nd least favorite cod, but I wouldn't mind.

F

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Reaction score
With all the hassle that 3arc went through to be allowed to make modern set CoD games I don't think they'll want to go back. IW really had them by the balls and they let them go. Dumb move.

N

Noob Saibot

Thank me later.♠
Reaction score
With all the hassle that 3arc went through to be allowed to make modern set CoD games I don't think they'll want to go back. IW really had them by the balls and they let them go. Dumb move.
I don't think they still can make modern games. BO2 was in the future.

I

iTwerk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, they need to stop with the futuristic stuff. Once it advances past a certain point, the game loses the feel of what Call of Duty used to be.

Top Bottom