What's new

Discussion Should people be banned for glitching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art

Art

the guy who designs stuff
VIP
Retired
Artist A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I get that most of you would say yes because some of them are game breaking. But, should R* be banning people for it? It's their game and their fault the glitches are there. They should have known that glitches would be found so they shouldnt go around banning people for them if they are just going to patch the glitches later. If you guys still think people should be banned do you think they should only be banned until the glitches are patched so that they aren't abusing the glitches in public lobbys?

Mason

Mason

The numbers, what do they mean?
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say, for money glitches is no, because I know a ton of people don't want to buy shark cards, and also don't want to farm R* low paying jobs, so they resort to glitching. Although, for other glitches that make you invisible and piss around and kill people, yes, that's what I think.

Level 99 Jew

Level 99 Jew

The one, the only, magical Level 99 Jew
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends on the glitch really. For example if its a god mode glitch then possibly if they exceed the amount of warnings. If it is something as simple as walking under water.( wich i wish that wasn't patched) then I think they shouldn't. Just the game breaking or the ones that give advantages over the others. This is my view though.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I get that most of you would say yes because some of them are game breaking. But, should R* be banning people for it? It's their game and their fault the glitches are there. They should have known that glitches would be found so they shouldnt go around banning people for them if they are just going to patch the glitches later. If you guys still think people should be banned do you think they should only be banned until the glitches are patched so that they aren't abusing the glitches in public lobbys?
Any type of tampering with the game should be met with severe punishment.

Fried Rice

Fried Rice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure it really depends on glitch.​

Art

Art

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Any type of tampering with the game should be met with severe punishment.
Technically it isn't tampering if it was already in the game :smile:

IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Saying it Rockstars fault the glitches are there KINDOF makes you sound silly. I mean, I know guns are there in real life, but I dont go around killing everyone. It all comes down to the person. You know what the rules are and you know gltching in ANY FORM is prohibited. . . Yeah, you deserve a ban. First time maybe a few days, but repeat offenders, certainly.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
To an extend -- no. I feel like people who are furiously exploiting the game for money, reputation points, cars, ammo and wins should be banned or otherwise punished. For example, I don't have any problem with glitching a few million dollars by duplicating cars. However, if you go around glitching hundreds of thousands of dollars, you are honestly not even doing it for the money anymore. After all, what are you going to use it for? You just like that number and want it to go as high as possible. Those people I think should be banned. Also, if you go around exploiting out-of-map glitches, be in god mode all th- no, in god mode at all or are just a **** to other people, then you should also be banned. I never report someone who's just minding their own business glitching, but I do report those people who abuse it to gain (meaningless) kills.

Art

Art

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Saying it Rockstars fault the glitches are there KINDOF makes you sound silly. I mean, I know guns are there in real life, but I dont go around killing everyone. It all comes down to the person. You know what the rules are and you know gltching in ANY FORM is prohibited. . . Yeah, you deserve a ban. First time maybe a few days, but repeat offenders, certainly.
Yeah I know. But they shouldnt be punishing people for using glitches that are in there because they didnt spend enough time looking for them before the game was released.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Technically it isn't tampering if it was already in the game :smile:
Abusing any exploits then. Doing anything to give you an unfair advantage over other players should earn you cheater pool time imo.

Level 99 Jew

Level 99 Jew

The one, the only, magical Level 99 Jew
Reaction score
Sin$
To an extend -- no. I feel like people who are furiously exploiting the game for money, reputation points, cars, ammo and wins should be banned or otherwise punished. For example, I don't have any problem with glitching a few million dollars by duplicating cars. However, if you go around glitching hundreds of thousands of dollars, you are honestly not even doing it for the money anymore. After all, what are you going to use it for? You just like that number and want it to go as high as possible. Those people I think should be banned. Also, if you go around exploiting out-of-map glitches, be in god mode all th- no, in god mode at all or are just a **** to other people, then you should also be banned. I never report someone who's just minding their own business glitching, but I do report those people who abuse it to gain (meaningless) kills.
I like this. You hit the nail on the head.

M

Mammoth

#Legless4Admln
Reaction score
Sin$
If it ruins the experience for other people, then yes. As far as glitching money/rank, no.

IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I know. But they shouldnt be punishing people for using glitches that are in there because they didnt spend enough time looking for them before the game was released.
They did spend time. You need to step back and look at GTA overall. It is a completely different type of game. Nothing compares to it. Glitches happen, and it sucks, but like I said, you follow rules in real life, even tho there is PLENTY of illegal things to do. Same needs to happen in game. Why don't you go around breaking mailboxes in real life? Consequences. If they add consequences in games (Ex. Banning people) maybe people will think twice.

S

Skreamies

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Money glitching = no ban
wallbreaching to kill people = ban

Art

Art

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If they are using game breaking glitches do you think they should be banned for an extended period of time or only until the glitch gets patched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register