Status
Not open for further replies.
csg86

csg86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all.

I've currently got a high spec pc however I've been using the top windows 7 os for years now.
I know I'm behind the times but I know how to use it feel the interface is simple yet powerful.

Should I upgrade to a newer os system?

If so what One and what version! ?

Thanks for your help.

Operating System
  1. Windows
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually you're the one who is confused. I never said that he was talking only to you, I said that he wasn't talking to the OP, as the OP never said he wanted to upgrade beyond win7. No one needs to say that they have flaws for them to have them. What makes you think that win 8 and win 10 are superiour "under the hood"? Are you a programmer? Are you a developer? Do you fix 10+ machines a week? No? Well I do! And let me tell you, windows 8 breaks a lot more often than 7 and repairing it without reinstalling the OS is ususally a pain in the ***, diagnosing a problem is even worse, but I won't be getting into detail. I can't say much about windows 10, but judging by the tech preview and the amount of features they've put on top of each other, it's gonna be buggy, at least in the begining. Windows 8 and 8.1 are made mostly for people who think that the latest is always the best, don't use their PCs for anything more than mainstream programs and take their PCs to a repair shop when it stops working. I mean just look at the blue screen of death, it's a freaking sad face... a sad face, it's like the OS was developed for small children and technically unskilled people.

Oh my goodness, first this is what you said "First, he insulted your age not the OP's.". So yeah, insulted my age.

Now, like I said w8 is superior under the hood. Oh wow, you fix computers, and? Looks like you're more knowledgeable on w7 and not 8, that doesn't mean 8 is worse. Hell, i know my car better than a newer vehicle, but my car is ****, and I know it, I know nothing about a new vehicle but I know it runs better.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh my goodness, first this is what you said "First, he insulted your age not the OP's.". So yeah, insulted my age.

Now, like I said w8 is superior under the hood. Oh wow, you fix computers, and? Looks like you're more knowledgeable on w7 and not 8, that doesn't mean 8 is worse. Hell, i know my car better than a newer vehicle, but my car is ****, and I know it, I know nothing about a new vehicle but I know it runs better.
What I said is true, his coment was directed towards you and the other people who suggested win8 over win7, NOT towards the OP! I don't even know how to explain to you that I deal with computer problems everyday and I know what software works better and why and your experience is probably based on no more than 1-6 computers.
Btw, care provide any proof that win8 works better "under the hood"?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
What I said is true, his coment was directed towards you and the other people who suggested win8 over win7, NOT towards the OP! I don't even know how to explain to you that I deal with computer problems everyday and I know what software works better and why and your experience is probably based on no more than 1-6 computers.

oh, now it was directed to me. look, nothing you're saying is consistent. you have nothing to show that you're a reliable source when your word is changing every post.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
oh, now it was directed to me. look, nothing you're saying is consistent. you have nothing to show that you're a reliable source when your word is changing every post.
I think you need to see a doctor, and I'm not saying it to be offensive, I'm concerned about you!
Btw, this is getting very off topic, feel free to not respond to my reply!

Last edited:
Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Because it has been benchmarked to perform better. I don't need to spend my time linking it because it should be common knowledge to someone who " fixes computers all the time" that windows 8/.1 is better than 7. Windows 10 is far superior to 7.a

Closing this thread. OP's question was answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register