What's new

Discussion Should I take my talents to PS4?

• Thread starter TheGoon
  • Start date
  • Views 1,736
TheGoon

TheGoon

Windy City Assassin
Legendary Veteran Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been a member of Xbox Live for almost 6 years and am debating switching to the PS4. One of my concerns is that my Xbox Live membership doesn't expire until August 2014 so I don't want to waste the $50. Another concern is that I have heard Xbox Live blows away PSN, this may or may not be true. The final blows was when I found out the Xbox One was not backwards compatible. So what are some strong reasons to switch to the PS4?

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Current XBL is better than PSN, but that will most likely change
2. You can still play Xbox 360, and get a Ps4
3. With the Ps4 you will be able to play Ps3 games (eventually)
4. The Ps4 is mainly focused on gaming, while the Xbox is focused on entertainment

P.s I had to post this quicly, as I have to go, sorry for any spelling errors :tongue:

Warsaw

Warsaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait until E3 and go with whichever impresses you more. $50 really isn't that much. If the PS4 is more impressive, get it.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been a member of Xbox Live for almost 6 years and am debating switching to the PS4. One of my concerns is that my Xbox Live membership doesn't expire until August 2014 so I don't want to waste the $50. Another concern is that I have heard Xbox Live blows away PSN, this may or may not be true. The final blows was when I found out the Xbox One was not backwards compatible. So what are some strong reasons to switch to the PS4?
You really need to wait till both companies announce more details, there is not enough to go on. You don't know any details on the Xbox's exclusives or any other features that the PS4 might have, you also don't know the price of either console. No point deciding in such a rush as the console's are months away from even being released.

Ace

Ace

Courtesy of Doodle210
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait for E3? What will we get in there? games? (finally?) So you're willing to have a TVBox that does indeed require a 24 online connectivity, used games require an activation fee, kinect required to be connected at all times if you want your box to function, no backwards compatible--better yet your XBL marketplace purchase will not carry over????
I don't care whatever they unveil at E3. To me the damage is done with all these "features" and "innovation"
I'm getting a PS4 and that's that
if you're a gamer and care about what happens to the gaming industry, you'll do the same because if people support this ****, you best believe other companies will follow suit

EDIT:
Online connectivity - source, source
"the Xbox One will be able to play games offline, but developers will be able to utilize Microsoft's cloud computing, thereby making individual titles require an active, constant connection"

Games need mandatory install which require an internet connection - source, source

Used game fees - source, source
"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said."

Kinect - requires to be attached to console - source
Always watching you
Kinect now can monitor how many people in your living room- source

Xbox powered by the Cloud which will require an internet connection-source

Not backward compatible - source

You can take your game and play it on your friends hose as long you you are logged into your account, if they want to play on their own account they'll have to pay - source

Last edited:
E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait for E3? What will we get in there? games? (finally?) So you're willing to have a TVBox that does indeed require a 24 online connectivity, used games require an activation fee, kinect required to be connected at all times if you want your box to function, no backwards compatible--better yet your XBL marketplace purchase will not carry over????
I don't care whatever they unveil at E3. To me the damage is done with all these "features" and "innovation"
I'm getting a PS4 and that's that
if you're a gamer and care about what happens to the gaming industry, you'll do the same because if people support this ****, you best believe other companies will follow suit
No alot of what you are saying is speculation, here is some speculation about the PS4 for you to read through.

Are you really in that small minority who will play old generation games on a new console. What is wrong with you keeping your console that you have now and playing the games on it? If you want to play the "old" games that bad then you won't mind plugging up the console and then putting it away when you've finished so it doesn't clutter up your TV cabinet.

On needing to have an internet connection let's dig this one out too. "Sony president Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers." So that means some games on the PS4 will require an internet connection yeah? Source

Sony are unwilling to answer questions on used games. The president of Sony refuses to confirm the company's stance even when pushed, revealing only wordy responses which only indirectly address the question at hand, and another think seem as you love to base the Xbox One on speculation, how about this, Sony have a patent that can block used games. Source & Source 2

Keep reading into all this nosense that is on the internet all you like, the fact remains until Sony and Microsoft officially tell us the facts you need to stop believing all these rumours and speculation. Don't believe everything you read with the media, you should know that with how much newspapers twist and make stories up.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony are unwilling to answer questions on used games. The president of Sony refuses to confirm the company's stance even when pushed, revealing only wordy responses which only indirectly address the question at hand, and another think seem as you love to base the Xbox One on speculation, how about this, Sony have a patent that can block used games. Source & Source 2

Actually they have already confirmed used games will not be blocked. As far as fees, who knows.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...gamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

TheGoon TheGoon
1. PS Plus is so much more bang for the buck than XBL.
http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

2. Gaikai will add backwards compatability and further support remote play for the Vita (their goal is all PS4/PS3 games to run on it).
3. No internet required
4. A "very large hard drive".
5. If you can't afford PS+ you can still use all your apps just fine. (even being a paying member of gold for years, I still find it BS i needed to pay to use netflix).
6. PS Eye isn't mandatory for the PS4 to function.

KingTwoFour

KingTwoFour

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I was on xbox for about 6 or 7 years before I switched to PS3. The only thing that that I miss about xbox is party chat, and I'm sure PS4 will have that. So I'd say, YES!

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Its not bad to have both of the consoles seeing as some exclusives are only for Sony why the others are only for Microsoft.

AbyssalShane

AbyssalShane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You really need to wait till both companies announce more details, there is not enough to go on. You don't know any details on the Xbox's exclusives or any other features that the PS4 might have, you also don't know the price of either console. No point deciding in such a rush as the console's are months away from even being released.

The reveal said it all.
Xbox: Tv, TV, TV, TV, TV,TV,TV,Tv,TV, Sport,Sport,Sport,Sport, Call of Duty, "The new water cooler system", TV,TV,TV,Television
PS4: GAMES GAMES GAMES FREAKING EPIC GAMES LIKE LAST OF US, DIABLO 3 AND MANY MORE!

I used to be a xbox person, now Microsoft can go f*** themselves. I'm Going to ps4

Warsaw

Warsaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The reveal said it all.
Xbox: Tv, TV, TV, TV, TV,TV,TV,Tv,TV, Sport,Sport,Sport,Sport, Call of Duty, "The new water cooler system", TV,TV,TV,Television
PS4: GAMES GAMES GAMES FREAKING EPIC GAMES LIKE LAST OF US, DIABLO 3 AND MANY MORE!

I used to be a xbox person, now Microsoft can go **** themselves. I'm Going to ps4

The Last of Us hasn't been confirmed for PS4.

Advent

Advent

One for All
Donator Sinner Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You're probably locked in your basement, It has you moronic idiot.
Last of Us hasn't been confirmed to be for the PS4. It will probably be released for the PS4 a while after it comes out. We will find out more at E3.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Idiot, It has.
What's your source? Because my one says PS3 and PS3 only.

http://www.naughtydog.com/games/the_last_of_us/

06lQy8r.jpg

Nothing in regards to The Last of Us has been confirmed for any platform other than the PS3. Now, I'd appreciate if you stopped calling others an idiot for your wrongdoing.

Corrupt Charge

Vero

Enthusiast
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn it everybody, why don't tou just save up for a PC? Here is just two reasons:
1. Ridiculous sale prices on steam, If you don't want to pay for a game that is 2/3 off its original price, you can pirate it.
2. You're not PAYING to use youtube/talk to multiple people at once.

Top Bottom
Login
Register