• Views 461
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UnderOATH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got extremely lucky, and picked up a rrod console for free tonight (kid didn't want it anymore)

The manufacture date is 05, and it's rrod. Microsoft will take it in for free for repairs, but I'm not sure when the last time it was online. All seals are present and very much intact. Do I send it in and cut the possibility of it being jtaggable, or do I try to open it up to fix it?

Penguin727

Penguin727

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what seal do u have on it? is it the new one or the old like [] sticker

U

UnderOATH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the stickers that originally came with the xbox. I'm not worried about them not taking it back, I just don't know if I should send it in hoping its not a jtaggable xbox, or try to fix it myself and find out then if it can be jtagged.

I'll probably end up shipping it out, since I can print the label out right now.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Try to fix it, cause in case you do you just made $250

Penguin727

Penguin727

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i would fix it because i just tryed to fix one and the video card was all ****ed up and i just put the sticker back on and sent in the xbox without the heat sinks and they still sent me back a xbox fixed and a month :smile:

qaadka

qaadka

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
Send it out
Get it fixed
Sell it
Buy RROD consoled on ebay
Fix them
Sell them until you find JTAGable ones

KaelXBL

KaelXBL

Premium
Premium
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah just send it in to get fixed, it'll save you time.

L

LETTUCE CHIEF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JTAG that ****. honestly bro, its really easy to repair it. even if you dont wanna, im sure you can find someone near you who repairs them for like $30. theres people out there that will do it for you. or you can save $20 and do it yourself. UFCK MICRODICK.

NE2D

NE2D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion your best option would be, if Microsoft will take it back, send it to them. Get a new console, whether you can JTAG it or not isn't very important. You will then have a console that you can sell for $125 and you can get another RROD system to fix yourself.

If Microsoft will take the box back that's like free money. There are a ton of old boxes that can be jtagged.

If you don't care about the extra money then crack it open.

Amuze

Amuze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fix It And Find Out If You Can JTAG It. If It Is Jtagable Sell It On Ebay For $250 :thumbup:

U

UnderOATH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually went into a local game store, and they had said the kid left there (apparently this happens a lot) and they don't give anything for defective boxes, they pulled it out of the trash and gave it to me.

Sixen

Sixen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Towel trick it, check if its jtaggable do permanent red ring fix, if not send it in.

Dash

Dash

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
That's insane.. I wish I had a gamestop to go and pick up broken Xboxs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register