• Start date
  • Views 741
Treasure

Treasure

HowManyLettersCanIFitInHereBeforeIRunOutOfSpace?50
Jokester Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Convince me why or why not. I have a Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 JB on Sprint. K Go.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Convince me why or why not. I have a Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 JB on Sprint. K Go.

We shouldn't have to convince you. It is a personal choice you have to make, much like jailbreaking.
http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa
^that has a bit of background as well as some info on how to root and un-root.
This is something in which you have to do the work to find out whether or not this is the right thing for you.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Hell yeah you should root! I just got my S3 about 2 weeks ago. As soon as I got it home I went straight to my computer and put a custom ROM on it.

Treasure

Treasure

HowManyLettersCanIFitInHereBeforeIRunOutOfSpace?50
Jokester Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Hell yeah you should root! I just got my S3 about 2 weeks ago. As soon as I got it home I went straight to my computer and put a custom ROM on it.
What ROM?

M

mooneasteregg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i use synergy which is basically stock mixed with note features like multiwindow. Not really sure how it is on sprint but I posted a link to XDA where you can find everything you need to know and lots of people who could point you in the right direction if you can't figure it out yourself. look around and make sure you have an understanding of what you're doing and if you need it first. lot of cool stuff you can do and everyones opinion on what is the best is different

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
What ROM?
I use Jelly 'Beans' 15 Custom ROM. But it might only be for Verizon. Do some Google'n and you can find a ROM that fits you best. Most of them have pictures and videos you can look at. Just make sure it works for Sprint.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you should root. It'll give you many more things to do with your phone including but not limited to: custom ROM's, theme's, root only apps, etc. Even if you just stay on a rooted stock rom it'll still be better. Not to mention if you run a custom rom it'll be faster since developers tweak the hell out of it for speed :smile:

X

xXxDarkkillerxXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah deff root also since the GS3 is a very popular phone there are many roms to chose from...but even if you like the stock rom there is alot you can do

PAN5Y

PAN5Y

Blessed
VIP
10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would, But if your phone becomes defective and you would like to return it you must reset your binary counter.
Otherwise your warranty is voided :/

Which is why I haven't rooted, My phone has 4 cores, The bloatware doesn't really bother me.
Our devices will get Android 5.0 OTA later this year.

T

treutech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the Clockwork modded ROM with Cyanogenmod 10, works pretty well.

Top Bottom
Login
Register