What's new

Solved Should I replace my HDD or send it back?

• Thread starter Extern
  • Start date
  • Views 254
E

Extern

Banned
Reaction score
So, I got an XB1 for Christmas and it's occasionally been making these noises that sounds like it's throwing a disc (I'm sure it's the hard drive cause it happens with GoD too). Should I just replace the HDD myself or send it back? Anyone have any negative things happen with Xbox replacements?

A

Arjan

Thanks guys.
Reaction score
So, I got an XB1 for Christmas and it's occasionally been making these noises that sounds like it's throwing a disc (I'm sure it's the hard drive cause it happens with GoD too). Should I just replace the HDD myself or send it back? Anyone have any negative things happen with Xbox replacements?
Microsoft are dickheads and they'll make you pay for a brand new system. Just buy another hard drive.

B

Bear

Reaction score
If your Xbox is under warranty, send it back.

S

Space

PlayStation 4 ✔
Reaction score
Depends When I Sent Mine Back They Made Me Pay $50 For Shipping And I Had To Go Trough 3 Security Checks Before They Even Touched It Took About 5 Weeks So Not Happy "(

A

AbeHD

6d 79 20 6e 61 6d 65 20 69 73 20 4a 61 63 6b 2e
Reaction score
If you send it back you could wait several months.

D

Devil

Son of the Devil.
Reaction score
Microsoft are dickheads and they'll make you pay for a brand new system. Just buy another hard drive.
My friend had a similar problem and he got a free Xbox One replacement, then that one started having problems too then they replaced it again for free lol.

J

Jorden Tayler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Day One bricked on the initial download. I sent it in to get it fix and they replaced it with a regular XB1. It was free but wasn't a Day One Edition.

X

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
When i got my first Xbox One it was making noises and i knew it was the HDD. Took it back to the store and they even laughed and me because i said it was making noises ( as i knew they would not know wtf i was talking about) and they replaced it. If its under warranty like others said send it back if not replace it and should work fine if you do everything fine.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
I got mine replaced because the DVD drive had some issues. I had no problems with replacement and everything went smoothly. I recommend using the advanced replacement.

C

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
If you are under warranty then why not.

Top Bottom