Discussion Should I get Slim or Pro?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4' started by Adamgm10, Aug 25, 2018 with 14 replies and 1,346 views.

1. Adamgm10

Adamgm10 The Kid

Ratings:
    I often need other people's opinions before I go buy things. I haven't touched my PS4 in almost year so I found that it could be jail broken but now i want a PS4 that I can play online with.

Is it worth the extra 100 dollars for the Pro? I really only play my playstation around 3-6 hours a week when I get back into otherwise it sits on the shelf for months.

2. Killjoy666

Killjoy666 Getting There

Ratings:
    Do You Have A 4K Tv?

3. OP
    Adamgm10

Adamgm10 The Kid

Ratings:
    I have a 4K momitor but to be honest I don't care much about 4k.
    1080p jump to 4K is barely noticable at least on a 28in display.

4. OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus Regular Everyday Normal MF Staff Lifetime

Ratings:
    I'd save the money and get the cheaper option if you only play a few hours a week

5. H Y X

H Y X RGH and CFW hoster

Ratings:
    I would say the slim honestly. Small form factor and also great console for the price.

6. Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey The Welshman

Ratings:
    Buy the PS4 Slim. The PS4 Pro is a con that seems to catch alot of stupid people...

1) It's cheaper
    2) The human eye is incapable of distinguishing the different between 720dpi and 4K. So on that not even 4K TV's are pointless.
    3) PS4 Pro looks like one of those girls that you find at a bar that has repeatedly headbutted a belt sander.
    4) If you do have a mad gaming session playing Lego Batman like 18 hours of something then it will get toasty hot and last about 18 months to 2 years.

7. Evilinferno2467

Evilinferno2467 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I personally own ps4 slim and yet have any issues as I did with 1st gen fat ps4 but im be honest I prefer slim cause it easier move and take apart my advice if u buy any of the ps4 models make sure u buy a bigger hard drive to hold all games u gonna download as the hard drive it comes with not hold enough

8. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I have a pro. Even if you don't have a 4k setup (i have a 1440 monitor) you'll still see better frame rates and better graphics. The idea that the human eye can't see a difference between 720 and 4k is as stupid as saying a human is not capable to see more than 24fps xD

• Like Like x 1
  9. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Lol, agree with the 720vs 4k.
    I dont get this. If nobody could see the difference then it never would have been developed and sure wouldnt sell.

To the OP, look at the hardware dofferences. The pro is rocking better hardware.
    These consoles may be the last next gen for a while but the hardware will be the difference between gaming and constant freeze up. (Just like trying to play games on an older pc vs a gaming rig)
    Basically the ps4 and xbox 1 are set up like a pc. So do you want a decent gaming rig or do you want a walmart netbook?

10. H Y X

H Y X RGH and CFW hoster

Ratings:
    I plan on getting a pro but for the time being I am just using my slim as I didn't have a 4K tv but that will change in a few weeks hopefully. I definitely can't wait for better framerates.

11. Drkskrpn

Drkskrpn Newbie

Ratings:
    Get a slim, Pros are for professionals.

12. run632

run632 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Depends on your vision as well. if you have eyes like mine 4k is pretty pointless :smile: ..

13. Jaykae

Jaykae Member

Ratings:
    Lol, what? :what:

If you want better game-play, the "pro" is the way forward. if you're not really bothered about better fps and/or 4k; the slim will do nicely. :wink:

14. afterjo

afterjo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    PS4 runs games at native 1080p (99% of games).

PS4 pro runs games at fake 4k. And majority of PRO enchanced games only benefit from bumped resolution. Very few games have performance mode: [email protected]

Since games are designed around two consoles, i doubt devs will make drastic changes between the systems. Extra horse power goes to fake 4k.

Far Cry 5

PS4 - [email protected]
    PS4 pro - fake [email protected]

other than resolution both games are identical.

PS4 slim is much, much smaller system, consumes about 50% less power, and runs more silent.

15. Stoner

Stoner THC is a natural medicine

Ratings:

I personally wouldn't bother getting a Pro for the extra 100 if your console before was just sitting there on the shelf or you only play it 3-6 hour a week but it also depends if your saving or wanting to do anything else with your money.

I mean graphics are good enough as it is so it's really not that big a deal yet again personally I really don't care for 4k anyway but that's just my opinion but by the sounds of it the Pro will just be a waste of money