Should I get Minecraft for Christmas?

• Thread starter General_Fluttershy
  • Start date
  • Views 482
G

General_Fluttershy

Buy me a name change!
Reaction score
Ok, so basically I am getting an 800$ laptop for only 238$ because of my Dad's friend. Brand new and everything, and no catch.

Since I am, I was wondering if I should buy minecraft to get me started on playing on my laptop (planning on PC gaming a lot).

I have Minecraft for the Xbox, so I know all about it and etc.

I also watch a lots of videos of Minecraft on the PC, so I know about texture packs and mods and such.

I would like to know if I should buy Minecraft AND would it be easy to like, set up a server so me and my friends could play.

H

Hitomi Tanaka

❤Boobie-Chan❤
Reaction score
There is a lot more potential with Minecraft on the PC. A million different ways to alter the game to your liking, and the servers are also worlds better than XBLA. I say get it.

G

General_Fluttershy

Buy me a name change!
Reaction score
There is a lot more potential with Minecraft on the PC. A million different ways to alter the game to your liking, and the servers are also worlds better than XBLA. I say get it.
is it easy to set up/host a server?

My friends say they don't know how so I was feeling iffy about it.

O

Orange Mushroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy, I'm also planning to set up a server soon.
And yes, since you also like MC on the Xbox 360, you'll sure love the PC version, much more dedicated and like a thousand ways of variaty. Texture packs to your liking and much more..

F

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Reaction score
Why not eh :smile:
It's a fun games & you can play when you've got nothing to do.

C

C S R

Contributor
Reaction score
I would recommended, I had alot of fun playing when I was really into Minecraft. There's alot of stuff you can do, so it doesn't really get boring.:smile:

T

Train Samurai

Getting There
Reaction score
It's easy, I'm also planning to set up a server soon.
And yes, since you also like MC on the Xbox 360, you'll sure love the PC version, much more dedicated and like a thousand ways of variaty. Texture packs to your liking and much more..
I wouldn't say easy, per say. Once you get into modding, it gets a bit complicated. Server setup is a hassle as well.

O

Orange Mushroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say easy, per say. Once you get into modding, it gets a bit complicated. Server setup is a hassle as well.

I have setted up a MC server with a friend some time ago, well you could say that if you really don't have a clue about servers..

Z

Zarky_

Down By The River
Reaction score
If you like Minecraft on the xbox you're gonna love it on the PC! Its so much better.

G

GixxerKibbles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) YES
2)YeS
3)yEs
The game is way better on pc but i play on xbox more cause my laptop is poop

Top Bottom