Should I get an Xsata.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Coldgears, Jul 13, 2009 with 13 replies and 325 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldgears

Coldgears Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First things first, I DON'T want to game save. I like to earn my achievements. I just want to have fun messing with mods. I was wondering if I can get banned for modding an online game left TF2 and if so how long.

The main thing I'm worries about is spending $47 dollars for this on amazon and having virtually no games to mod.

The only 3 I know I can mod and have are Halo 3 (maps) TF2 ( low gravity and stuff) and Left 4 Dead (offline only)

If I can't get many good mods like in those games I won't bother...

A list of games I own.

The Orange Box
    Left 4 Dead
    Resident Evil 5
    Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts
    crackdown
    Halo 3
    Far Cry 2
    Fracture
    Fallout 3
    Shadowrun
    Guitar Hero 2
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Guitar Hero Aerosmith
    Too Human
    Kameo
    Perfect Dark Zero
    You're in the Movies
    Quake 4
    Bionic Commando

Please tell me if any of those games have mods and what the mods do.

I'm looking for fun mods. EX: In Fallout 3 a fun mod would be something like shooting teddybears out of every gun or jumping 20 feet in the air. Whereas a crappy mod in a game like fallout 3 would be to get XP or to get items. They are dumb and I can just that myself... Whereas without an Xsata I can't jump 20 feet in the air.

Also, tell me if any online shooters have mods, if they do I wouldn't hesitate in the least bit to buy them after I got my xsata.

Lastly, I'm not ood with hex coding and all, I was wondering if tools like Modio are easy to use.

Thanks!

Somehow I managed to forget about having gears 2. I wish this forum had an edit button...:mad:

Hmm, it merged that. I wish it had an edit button so I get get rid of the thing above this that says, "I wish this forum had an edit button...":mad:

2. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Well for Fallout 3 there are no "fun mods" In fact fun mods have pretty much died with the release of the 360. Which is why I personally still mod Halo 2. There is always a possibilty of getting banned. Also you can do other things than just mod games and achievement hack, an example of this would be getting free gamer pics. If I were you I wouldnt order an Xsata though, I would buy the Xport360, its A LOT sturdier than the Xsata.

3. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i wouldnt get either their a waste of money.

4. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Why not get a free transfer cable from MS?

5. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Because they are charging for them now.

6. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
  7. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
  8. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Getting There

Ratings:
    The transfer cable is all you need. A lot cheaper for something that does the same thing. I'd go with that

9. OP
    Coldgears

Coldgears Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know, I had a transfer cable for years... I got it free when I bought my 120 GB harddrive. I'm having fun with it!

10. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Getting There

Ratings:
    Then just stick with that.... No need to get an Xsata

11. OP
    Coldgears

Coldgears Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I didn't know I could use that until I was looking up an xsata to buy -_-

12. XpliziTs

XpliziTs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    To be honest they are not charging i ordered mine last friday they did not charge me. call and if you get a really nice person just act kinda sad. just go through a tutorial and do what it say it takes from 5-30 days to get a Transfer Cable.

13. Jimmyboy

Jimmyboy Newbie

Ratings:
    First of all i'd like to say that xsata is not 47$. I bought mine for 20$ at a gamestop.

Anyways; I think you should look into getting the free ms one. It's free and better.

With my xsata. i have to plug it into the xbox then place the hdd in the xsata and turn on the xbox to have it connect. It's really annoying and when you don't want it's annoying bright blue light on, you have to tug the hell on it to get it off the 360.

14. XpliziTs

XpliziTs Enthusiast

Ratings: