What's new

Solved Should I buy this DVD drive for burnt 360 backups?

• Thread starter ZombieHunter123
  • Start date
  • Views 230
O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
Last edited:
T

treutech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on what version of windows you have, example: Windows Vista (32/64)
just make sure it is compatible with your computer, almost any Dual Layer Drive will work to backup your games.

A

Nikexv2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on what version of windows you have, example: Windows Vista (32/64)
just make sure it is compatible with your computer, almost any Dual Layer Drive will work to backup your games.
no, if you're using an 360 drive in you PC you need an specific chipset. And you don't need an specific version of windows, 64/32 bits wont matter either.
To back up games you need an original 360 drive flashed with an special FW, not ANY drive. Exactly the same to burn games, you need an IHAS burner or an Burner that is compatible with the payload tool.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
no, if you're using an 360 drive in you PC you need an specific chipset. And you don't need an specific version of windows, 64/32 bits wont matter either.
To back up games you need an original 360 drive flashed with an special FW, not ANY drive. Exactly the same to burn games, you need an IHAS burner or an Burner that is compatible with the payload tool.
Lol I missed that he said "make backups". I thought it was game burning as always

T

treutech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i do is rip them using my DL-Drive (w/ a .iso creator) then burn them to DL-Dvds... I've never had to use the 360drive in any step, and they've always worked. o_o

X

xXBladeXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i do is rip them using my DL-Drive (w/ a .iso creator) then burn them to DL-Dvds... I've never had to use the 360drive in any step, and they've always worked. o_o
what are you meaning when you say rip??? im lost
you cannot rip an xbox game using a dl dvd burnero_O

T

treutech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copy/ Scan to .iso whatever.

A

Nikexv2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about.
what are you meaning when you say rip??? im lost
you cannot rip an xbox game using a dl dvd burnero_O
you need an kreon drive or an xbox drive with 0800 firmware to rip your original games. Or you can use th xKey Gecko with an retail 360 drive.

X

xXBladeXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or a usbpro v2 0800 fw is not needed with this:wink:

Top Bottom