What's new

Discussion Shotgun Discussion! Bring back the Model's!

• Thread starter Xx_Legend_xX
  • Start date
  • Views 6,023
Xx_Legend_xX

Xx_Legend_xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wassup guys I would like to start a new discussion here. Should they buff the shotties even further, I still think they do not posses the CQB power they deserve. On another note, should they bring back the akmibo models (hypothetically, I know it's not going to happen)? The model 1887 is my favorite gun of all time and sadly, doesn not compare to any shotgun except for its high range of around 17.5 meters. I do have around 3500 kills with it though XD Akimbo would bring some life and something new back to the game. What do you guys think about shotties and what would you like to seen done with them?

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
Wassup guys I would like to start a new discussion here. Should they buff the shotties even further, I still think they do not posses the CQB power they deserve. On another note, should they bring back the akmibo models (hypothetically, I know it's not going to happen)? The model 1887 is my favorite gun of all time and sadly, doesn not compare to any shotgun except for its high range of around 17.5 meters. I do have around 3500 kills with it though XD Akimbo would bring some life and something new back to the game. What do you guys think about shotties and what would you like to seen done with them?

Was this meant for the MW2 section or are you asking if they should be included in MW3?

DarthGinge

DarthGinge

Reaction score
Sin$
In a word no. The akimbos were far too over powered imo. Even now, the Model is very powerful, it just requires some good aiming skill too get a direct hit. With the akimbos, you didnt need to be so good with shooting. However, I do agree that shotguns are powerful weapons (in RL) and I think they are a bit too weak in MW3. But then it IS a game and not real.

Xx_Legend_xX

Xx_Legend_xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In a word no. The akimbos were far too over powered imo. Even now, the Model is very powerful, it just requires some good aiming skill too get a direct hit. With the akimbos, you didnt need to be so good with shooting. However, I do agree that shotguns are powerful weapons (in RL) and I think they are a bit too weak in MW3. But then it IS a game and not real.
Remember that after the two pacthes in mw2, the models were definantly not OP. I just think that because it is the only possible MW3 shotgun that could be akimbo'ed, they should give us that option. The model is fairly decent in mw3, as I play with it a lot. Akimbo would make it that much more fun and, with the right amount of balancing, please the community. This would also encourage shotgun usage overall.

O

ThE KiiNG JAMEZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I say the model needs akimbo back since it has no other attachment. It'd be easy to add and it would make the gun more on par with the other shotguns.

Xx_Legend_xX

Xx_Legend_xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I say the model needs akimbo back since it has no other attachment. It'd be easy to add and it would make the gun more on par with the other shotguns.
It's exactly what I was thinking. The model lags behind a bit, only boasting it's high range. Even if one more pellet were to be added to this gun, it would be great! Plus who doesn't love akimbo models?

O

ThE KiiNG JAMEZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's exactly what I was thinking. The model lags behind a bit, only boasting it's high range. Even if one more pellet were to be added to this gun, it would be great! Plus who doesn't love akimbo models?
The model boasts the most range and 2nd most damage (KSG with Damage 1st) than any shotgun but it's bullet spread is severly worse. If the Model 1887 got boosted to a 9 pellet shotgun then it would be better but Akimbo would be much better. If it got both than other people would go crazy. I say allow the gun to be Akimbo-ed but akimbo is unlocked at Lv 31 with the gold camo. That way unless you really want it then you can't use it.

Xx_Legend_xX

Xx_Legend_xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The model boasts the most range and 2nd most damage (KSG with Damage 1st) than any shotgun but it's bullet spread is severly worse. If the Model 1887 got boosted to a 9 pellet shotgun then it would be better but Akimbo would be much better. If it got both than other people would go crazy. I say allow the gun to be Akimbo-ed but akimbo is unlocked at Lv 31 with the gold camo. That way unless you really want it then you can't use it.
Well they already have damage and range unlocked really late. The people who want to have fun shouldn't have to go through hell to get it (like you currently have to do to get damage). I think an average weapon level of 20 would work. Plus the akimbo models would need to be balanced too. They would need to include a slight nerf with their range, along with fair sized cross-hairs. At no point and time was I reffering to have BOTH akimbo and an extra pellet. One or the other would be nice though.

O

ThE KiiNG JAMEZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well they already have damage and range unlocked really late. The people who want to have fun shouldn't have to go through hell to get it (like you currently have to do to get damage). I think an average weapon level of 20 would work. Plus the akimbo models would need to be balanced too. They would need to include a slight nerf with their range, along with fair sized cross-hairs. At no point and time was I reffering to have BOTH akimbo and an extra pellet. One or the other would be nice though.
Well I say just add the akimbo and make the cross hairs the same as the MW2 1887s. The MW3 one needs the extra pellet to be more consistant and the range drop from akimbo would be fine because with range or damage the akimbo model wouldn't be much more OPed.

KingTwoFour

KingTwoFour

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
No, just no. Shotguns should just be removed from the game completely.

Xx_Legend_xX

Xx_Legend_xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I say just add the akimbo and make the cross hairs the same as the MW2 1887s. The MW3 one needs the extra pellet to be more consistant and the range drop from akimbo would be fine because with range or damage the akimbo model wouldn't be much more OPed.
If only we could actually suggest this to someone to have it put in the game :frown:

KingTwoFour

KingTwoFour

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If anything, shotguns are WEAK. They take skill, unlike running around with a PP90m1 and spraying from the hip.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit. They would be stupid to do so. But when I hear/see Akimbo Model 1887, I have flash backs to when they were pretty much snipers in MW2. Shotguns do take a certain type of skill. If you can have success with a shotgun in a lobby full of people with rifles, you're doing something right.

Top Bottom
Login
Register