Question Sharing world with friends

• Thread starter pandawok56
  • Start date
  • Views 1,984
P

pandawok56

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everybody, I'm new here and needed help with a question. I did a bit of searching and could only find a no on the wiki, But maybe you guys have figured something out. This might get a little confusing so bare with me.

Lets say 4 of us (My friends and I) are all playing online together. Is there anyway the friend hosting it could share it with the rest of us so we can play when he isn't online? I know he could just save it to a usb drive, but let's say if I build a house in my version, and a friend builds a mine in his, then another friend builds a tower, there's no way we could like update the shared world so it has all three, correct?

Sorry if this a dumb question, I'm still really new to minecraft and the capabilities of the xbox version.

FiredYapper

FiredYapper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure you can't combine a few different worlds to make 1 world that has everything yous have made. If you wanted everybody's thing on the same world you would just have to have one person host that world :smile:

Upvote 0
P

pandawok56

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I figured, but I meant the same world, not worlds we've each started ourselves.

A better explanation would be if I created a world and played with friends, is it possible for them to play when I'm offline? I've searched around and found an official "no" but like I said, I'm just discovering the modding world for xbox so I have no idea whats capable.

Regarding the combining of buildings, I meant if I were to create copies of "World X", give them to a few friends and they add on their own stuff. I assume you can't do this at all with different worlds, but what if they were relatively the same?

Upvote 0
FiredYapper

FiredYapper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's hard to explain but yes, if you have a world that you have built on that you want to share with your friends then I assume you could send them the savegame and they would change the profile and console ID's using to there own using something like modio and be able to play the world that you were using (correct me if i'm wrong cos i'm not sure if this works.) No, you would not be able to combine the worlds even if they were relatively the same. :smile:

Upvote 0
L

lehcara

Reaction score
Sin$
If I may ask a similar question, are you just trying to get a world you made on one xbox onto another xbox? is that what you are trying to do in the simplest form? If so, I am also trying to do this, but not sure how. How would one send a "savegame" and how would you change the ID's to be able to play them? Thanks

Upvote 0
B

Bigandrewgold

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sadly, not really. It is possible but would be a major hassle.

Hopefully in the future they can have it so that there can be multiple owners of a map and it will update across consoles

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register