What's new

Discussion Sharing maps through fileshares without being banned.

• Thread starter BlackOps
  • Start date
  • Views 630
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*This was already posted on ibotmodz.net (link to topic by "nickkrd")*

*! At this point in time as far as I know bungie dosn't have some type of autotracker for this however it is likely that they will soon, use at your own risk !*

Now this should provide a very easy way to pass maps around. So basically if you take any film, not a film clip of a map. After anyone watches that film in their recent maps and game types will be the map.

Now this is what bungie has to say about unmodded screenshots of modded map's (ie: my friend has a pic of him standing next to a clone army)

Bungie.net said:
Q: I took a screenshot of this modded map, can I be banned from Matchmaking for that?
A: Nope, the screenshot of modded content isn't a bannable offense. Just don't upload the modded content to your File Share.

So wouldn't the same rule apply? At least for now?

Discuss I want your ideas on this possible new distribution method.

W

WR MaFiA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great, I might start releasing my mods like this.

N

not spiffy

Reaction score
i heard that if you upload something and then take it down relly quick its still on the bungie servers but on desplayed and linked to your gt

idk how it works

B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude your sig; have you ever though about making it multiple lines so that it doesn't stretch peoples' screens?

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
BlackOps said:
*This was already posted on ibotmodz.net (link to topic by "nickkrd")*

Now this should provide a very easy way to pass maps around. So basically if you take any film, not a film clip of a map. After anyone watches that film in their recent maps and game types will be the map.

Now this is what bungie has to say about unmodded screenshots of modded map's (ie: my friend has a pic of him standing next to a clone army)

So wouldn't the same rule apply? At least for now?

Discuss I want your ideas on this possible new distribution method.

It's going to depend on what Bungie thinks of this. They allow screenshots of modded maps because you cannot transfer the maps like that, but with this you can still transfer the maps.

They probably will catch on to this eventually, because this is "old" and if someone reports the film to Bungie and they investigate that, it will probably set off an alarm. Plus, remember a film with lots of downloads will definitely be checked out by Bungie if enough people report it.

Once again, it depends if you are willing to take the chance. The safest way is of course transfering the usermap file online through a file host.

B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not spiffy said:
i heard that if you upload something and then take it down relly quick its still on the bungie servers but on desplayed and linked to your gt

idk how it works
Ya if you upload a map on you fs then go on bungie.net and get to the page where the file look like this save the link and then delet the file off you fs the link still work's but bungie band the author so it realy dosn't help now...

Unknow I agree with you 100% on the usermap over something like rapid share but I'm just saying that when you want to get a map out to a bunch of people who don't have an xport/xsatas this is the best way out there.

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackOps said:
Ya if you upload a map on you fs then go on bungie.net and get to the page where the file look like this save the link and then delet the file off you fs the link still work's but bungie band the author so it realy dosn't help now...

Unknow I agree with you 100% on the usermap over something like rapid share but I'm just saying that when you want to get a map out to a bunch of people who don't have an xport/xsatas this is the best way out there.
Can't you just change the author name, or is there still some crazy way to track it down it a system and/or xbox live account.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
BlackOps said:

I don't think I would risk my profile and my console being banned for people who don't want to get the necessary tools. I will give people my maps through custom games, but not through my file share.

dschu012 said:
Can't you just change the author name, or is there still some crazy way to track it down it a system and/or xbox live account.

Yes, Bungie can still track you even if you alter the author.

B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unknown v2 said:
I don't think I would risk my profile and my console being banned for people who don't want to get the necessary tools. I will give people my maps through custom games, but not through my file share.
Same here I'm just making it available to other people to use at their own risk. In fact I'm going to edit that into my original post.

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
i think thats grounds for banning
uploading a pic of a mod... it isnt modded, its a legit pic, but of a mod... you cant get banned for a legit pic, its not modified content because the xbox took the picture and a picture is a picture, nothing modified about it.
but uploading a film contains the modified content inside it so i think that is inside the bounds of banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom