• Start date
  • Views 2,521
DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to see what the community of se7ensins has made or is in the progress of making. Feel free to share any projects with downloads or just some pictures.

My Current Project
Not Much too it so far, im only about a days work in following a tutorial series.
359dc46d771c7f9dc6b4bb9a5e758246.png

398f14caac85ab8a2f25bfb426aca549.gif

Last edited:
S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought this was posting in the general programming section, gunna post them screenshots of my app.
Looks good, I might see if I have my other game project somewhere and preview it :smile:

D

Danza S7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just messing around with 3D after my 2D game, nothing special at the moment, just concepts. This has all been programmed from scratch by me :smile:. It ain't pretty, but I'm just trying to learn 3D.

Features:
- All objects are built from a file, meaning anyone can create a level (when I decide to turn it into a game).
For example you can enter an object:
Type: Sphere for example
ID
X/Y/Z
Colors
Lighting
Size
Collision Types

The file can hold data for 1024 objects.

- SkySpheres (kinda)
- Landscape and Landscape Transformation
- Water and completely unrealistic underwater simulation :smile:
- Enemy AI, Enemies will chase you within a proximity. When you are looking away from an enemy, they will chase you. When you look at them, they will accelerate and run away.
- Water Bobbing effect (Thanks to my friend)
Chasing enemy (hard to show in a still lol, black cylinder is enemy, green cube is a controllable character>)

Day Time sky

Heavy fog dusk

Foggy Night

Terrain/Landscape (4x4 Matrix)

Enemy Proximity display, he will not chase me outside the proximity

Under Water effect

Bobbing objects (Hard to see in still, they move up and down, like on waves)

Yeah, that's it. I'm just trying to implement algorithms I thought of and get a good grasp of 3D before starting a game. If anyone needs any algorithms or wants a small executable to see the grand ugliness send me a message :smile: Also, images turned out really small lol, sorry about that.

PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace

Glorious
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Current game I'm working on with a few people is a 2 player online puzzle game, we had our first playtest last month, and took a break for two weeks, we're back working on it now, the whole level design needs to be done, currently it's just place fillers, we're switching over to photon networking and the next few puzzles have to be done. The playtest went great, everyone was actually having fun doing them because communication is key to solving them.

Have to say, it brings a smile to your face when people actually enjoy what you've put so much time into!

9cK2ZJq.jpg

Vqyg7z7.jpg

z8IAbjY.png

The summer should be the time I'm gonna be most active, me and a few other teams have plans. Lift may become active again, brought to touch devices, etc.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I cannot share to much right now, but here is something from my game that my artists have done. We have a level finishing up and the character is being textured and rigged right now. This is one of the lead characters in my upcoming arcade title:

LfRfYQH.jpg

XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik

Contributor
Programmer Modder Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I cannot share to much right now, but here is something from my game that my artists have done. We have a level finishing up and the character is being textured and rigged right now. This is one of the lead characters in my upcoming arcade title:

LfRfYQH.jpg

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Been messing with AI and scenery.

Here the enemy tank navigates itself around the black wall instead of driving straight through it:

Day/night cycles:

When the sun goes down, you'll notice that the world becomes dark and the moon comes up.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks very nice is that in UE4 or offline render.
Also just wondering but do you get dev kits if you are registered with xbox ID.

3rd party renderer similar to ue4.

And no you do not. You must be a legal entity. you must also prove your game and show you can finish it. You also are loaned the dev kits. You do not buy them, so if you tried to sell, you would find yourself in some trouble.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice although 8 million polys, maybe a little high for consoles haha.

You should work on some smaller hill and cliffs and bumps at the edge of the large mountains.

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice although 8 million polys, maybe a little high for consoles haha.

You should work on some smaller hill and cliffs and bumps at the edge of the large mountains.

What would be the limit for consoles, it's just a static mesh and only takes up about 300mb when loaded in memory.
Also I am no artist lol, I probably couldn't model a house if you asked haha. The terrain was generated procedurally.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What would be the limit for consoles, it's just a static mesh and only takes up about 300mb when loaded in memory.
Also I am no artist lol, I probably couldn't model a house if you asked haha. The terrain was generated procedurally.

It so depends on all other aspects of the game. But to throw a good number out their. Coming from my enviro artist that did work on FM5 he would say not to go past 1 million at a given time without extensive perf testing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register