Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Share your work

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by DaftHacker, Apr 30, 2014 with 47 replies and 1,871 views.

1. DaftHacker

DaftHacker Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Ratings:
    I would like to see what the community of se7ensins has made or is in the progress of making. Feel free to share any projects with downloads or just some pictures.

My Current Project
    Not Much too it so far, im only about a days work in following a tutorial series.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. Sketch

Sketch Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I thought this was posting in the general programming section, gunna post them screenshots of my app.
    Looks good, I might see if I have my other game project somewhere and preview it :smile:

3. Danza S7

Danza S7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just messing around with 3D after my 2D game, nothing special at the moment, just concepts. This has all been programmed from scratch by me :smile:. It ain't pretty, but I'm just trying to learn 3D.

Features:
    - All objects are built from a file, meaning anyone can create a level (when I decide to turn it into a game).
    For example you can enter an object:
    Type: Sphere for example
    ID
    X/Y/Z
    Colors
    Lighting
    Size
    Collision Types

The file can hold data for 1024 objects.

- SkySpheres (kinda)
    - Landscape and Landscape Transformation
    - Water and completely unrealistic underwater simulation :smile:
    - Enemy AI, Enemies will chase you within a proximity. When you are looking away from an enemy, they will chase you. When you look at them, they will accelerate and run away.
    - Water Bobbing effect (Thanks to my friend)
    Chasing enemy (hard to show in a still lol, black cylinder is enemy, green cube is a controllable character>)
    [​IMG]

Day Time sky
    [​IMG]

Heavy fog dusk
    [​IMG]

Foggy Night
    [​IMG]

Terrain/Landscape (4x4 Matrix)
    [​IMG]

Enemy Proximity display, he will not chase me outside the proximity
    [​IMG]

Under Water effect
    [​IMG]

Bobbing objects (Hard to see in still, they move up and down, like on waves)
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that's it. I'm just trying to implement algorithms I thought of and get a good grasp of 3D before starting a game. If anyone needs any algorithms or wants a small executable to see the grand ugliness send me a message :smile: Also, images turned out really small lol, sorry about that.

• Like Like x 4
  4. PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace Glorious

Ratings:
    Current game I'm working on with a few people is a 2 player online puzzle game, we had our first playtest last month, and took a break for two weeks, we're back working on it now, the whole level design needs to be done, currently it's just place fillers, we're switching over to photon networking and the next few puzzles have to be done. The playtest went great, everyone was actually having fun doing them because communication is key to solving them.

Have to say, it brings a smile to your face when people actually enjoy what you've put so much time into!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The summer should be the time I'm gonna be most active, me and a few other teams have plans. Lift may become active again, brought to touch devices, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    I cannot share to much right now, but here is something from my game that my artists have done. We have a level finishing up and the character is being textured and rigged right now. This is one of the lead characters in my upcoming arcade title:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik Contributor

Ratings:

7. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    AHHAHAHAHHA that is hilarious.

8. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    Sneak peak, will have final stuff Friday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sketch

Sketch Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Looks professional.
    Clean.
    And just sexy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Z61

Z61 Some times our saints are sinners Retired

Ratings:
    Sex.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    Ha Thanks, its not even done yet so were doing some touch ups and tweaks. Its slightly above 10k polys.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY Maybe?

Ratings:
    Been messing with AI and scenery.

Here the enemy tank navigates itself around the black wall instead of driving straight through it:

Day/night cycles:

When the sun goes down, you'll notice that the world becomes dark and the moon comes up.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Liquid44

Liquid44 Banned

Ratings:
    Looks very nice is that in UE4 or offline render.
    Also just wondering but do you get dev kits if you are registered with xbox ID.

14. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    3rd party renderer similar to ue4.

And no you do not. You must be a legal entity. you must also prove your game and show you can finish it. You also are loaned the dev kits. You do not buy them, so if you tried to sell, you would find yourself in some trouble.

15. Liquid44

Liquid44 Banned

Ratings:
    Terrain I made a while ago. I haven't really done anything with it yet.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    Nice although 8 million polys, maybe a little high for consoles haha.

You should work on some smaller hill and cliffs and bumps at the edge of the large mountains.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Liquid44

Liquid44 Banned

Ratings:
    What would be the limit for consoles, it's just a static mesh and only takes up about 300mb when loaded in memory.
    Also I am no artist lol, I probably couldn't model a house if you asked haha. The terrain was generated procedurally.

18. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:

It so depends on all other aspects of the game. But to throw a good number out their. Coming from my enviro artist that did work on FM5 he would say not to go past 1 million at a given time without extensive perf testing.

19. Dini

Dini merged Retired

Ratings:
    Wow bro that looks sexy!

• Like Like x 1
  20. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    Thanks, we actually have the final model. I may post it. But well see. Probably get the character in game first.