What's new

Discussion Setting up EasyCap

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightblade09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'm thinking about buying EasyCap, but I'm not sure what other accessories I need with it to record on my PC while also playing on my tv. I have a HDTV, with the following ports:

Audio output - L, R, SPDIF
PC Audio Input
VGA
Componant Input - Y2, Pb2, Pr2, R2, L2
Y1, Pb1, Pr1, R1, L1
AV Input - AV2, R2, L2
AV1, R1, L1, S-Video

HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3

Basically I'm just wondering what would be the best way to set it up to record without necessary cables and accessories to do so. I'm a complete noob when it comes to video stuff so any help with the things I need would greatly be appreciated.:smile:

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Well... I use a component cable. When recording I have the component cable in, with the component cables plugged into the TV, the switch set to SD. The other s-video (the yellow cable) goes to the EasyCap. I have two splitters for the audio cables which look like this:

As well as a set of cables like this.

The splitter gets plugged into the tv socket and in one side goes the sound from the Xbox, the other the cable mentioned above, which goes to the EasyCap. Simple electronics. :tongue:

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nightblade09 said:
Thanks a lot! Can I ask where you bought those items? :biggrin:
You can most likely get them at radioshack.. You can get everything at radioshack lol

nightblade09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have everything that you said but I can't figure out a damn what this paragraph says...

"Well... I use a component cable. When recording I have the component cable in, with the component cables plugged into the TV, the switch set to SD. The other s-video (the yellow cable) goes to the EasyCap. I have two splitters for the audio cables which look like this"]

If someone could translate it I'd appreciate it

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I just realised I got s-video mixed up with composite. :S All that time, I mean't composite. But s-video will work just as well.

Edit: I now have pics.... And they're not extension cables BTW... CBA to redo the pics.
What I mean with component cable set to SD:

Setup on back of TV with splitters and w/e:

And setup at EasyCap end:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom