Service tag mods

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by 187Modz, Jun 30, 2009 with 7 replies and 334 views.

1. 187Modz

187Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey everyone, love the site!
    right anyway, i have only ever modded maps, never films or anything, i was wondering if its possible to mod your service tag whilst on the map, NOT in a film, cause i was with Gr8 modder x, he modded his to be 117, no flaws, I WAS NOT, NOT, WATCHING A FILM!

2. MM xSkillz

MM xSkillz Newbie

Ratings:
    There's a program that lets you do just that. Make sure that your profile is less than 1 mb and make a backup of it just in case:

Halo 3 Service Tag Editor - Open Carnage: Halo, Gaming, Life, and More!

I've heard this works but I can't confirm it cuz mine's almost 2 mb in size :frown:

Alternatively, you can open your profile in Hex then search the Unicode for your service tag and change it (it shows up in 2 locations so make sure to change both). Again, this only works if your profile is less than 1 mb and I think this is just because no rehash/resigner can do files that large.

Either way, just rehash/resign after you've changed it and you should be good to go!

Edit:

By the way, if you do this, you do run a small risk of being banned. I've never heard of it happening and I know a guy who has had M00 as his tag for about a month and still no ban. But you never know so just be careful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06 The Shiroyasha Retired

Ratings:
    ^dude, Hash block calculator will rehash/resign ANY size file. I've done it to a 30mb film. Just search for your tag, and change it, easy. And if you follow the letter number number structure of the tag, you cannot and will not get banned because there is a way to get locked tags without modding.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    187Modz

187Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. gurvirj95

gurvirj95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Open your profile in a Hex Editor and there will be two of your old service tags in the unicode string. Change both, and use Hash Block Calculator and calculate hash blocks then insert your profile back intro your HDD.

6. xXTwisteDXx

xXTwisteDXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    why use a tool for something so simple?

7. gurvirj95

gurvirj95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    why would you even take the time to create one?

8. OP
    187Modz

187Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if your talking to me, incase i need it, which i probably wont......