What's new

Solved Serial Data is Bad?

Miles x

Miles x

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Flashing a 7 series which is pre 13146 update so it's flash able with the R707 port and Probe V2 however I get that error, tried probe in every setting I can, also had drive half open and just powered on, still no luck, could someone help me out please?

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is your CK3 showing up OK in device manager and is the correct com port selected in jungle flasher. Have you got a probe v1, I converted mine to a probe v3 which was pretty easy if you're got a switch, soldering iron and and sharp knife makes things so much easier.

Miles x

Miles x

Getting There
Reaction score
is your CK3 showing up OK in device manager and is the correct com port selected in jungle flasher. Have you got a probe v1, I converted mine to a probe v3 which was pretty easy if you're got a switch, soldering iron and and sharp knife makes things so much easier.
Everything shows up in JF and stuff yeah, it's worked fine before I've done 6 drives with it and I have a Prove V2

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has it been flashed before before and if so do you know with what firmware version. In the past Ive had to do the MRA hack on drives that I had all ready been flashed with prevoius LT, thats untill I converted my probe v1 to a v3.

If it has been flashed before with LT you will need to do the MRA hack to do a full dump or get a probe v3. You will need a probe 3 or have to do the MRA hack anyway very soon once the latest dash goes on and converts the drive to 02510 thats why I converted my Probe v1.

Miles x

Miles x

Getting There
Reaction score
Has it been flashed before before and if so do you know with what firmware version. In the past Ive had to do the MRA hack on drives that I had all ready flashed with prevoius LT, thats untill I converted my probe v1 to a v3.

If it has been flashed before with LT you will need to do the MRA hack to do a full dump or get a probe v3. You will need a probe 3 or have to do the MRA hack anyway very soon once the latest dash goes on and converts the drive to 02510 thats wjhy I converted my Probe v1.
Nope not been flashed before, the probe still lights up when in the R707, is there a way to convert the Probe 2 into a Probe 3?

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt find any good tuts for a probe 2 but I still had a probe v1 laying around from a long time ago. Easiest way for the probe 2 would be a Xecuter Probe 3 / PMT Conversion Cable there about £5.

But it must be quite easily possibly to convert if you can just buy a new cable. Ill look to see if theres any new tuts for a v2 as it was a couple of months ago I looked for mine.

Miles x

Miles x

Getting There
Reaction score
I didnt find any good tuts for a probe 2 but I still had a probe v1 laying around from a long time ago. Easiest way for the probe 2 would be a Xecuter Probe 3 / PMT Conversion Cable there about £5.

But it must be quite easily possibly to convert if you can just buy a new cable. Ill look to see if theres any new tuts for a v2 as it was a couple of months ago I looked for mine.
Are there any videos showing the PMT conversion cable and if you find one let me know!

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i suppose you could cut the cable and just hold them together and disconnect when you need to switch the power to the drive, but I prefered to use a switch, Dont know about you but I have a box of old broken things that I found a switch on an old circuit board so used that. You could probably find something you can nick a switch from thats not needed anymore.

Miles x

Miles x

Getting There
Reaction score
Well i suppose you could cut the cable and just hold them together and disconnect when you need to switch the power to the drive, but I prefered to use a switch, Dont know about you but I have a box of old broken things that I found a switch on an old circuit board so used that. You could probably find something you can nick a switch from thats not needed anymore.
Thanks for the help bro, gonna try make one now :smile: