SEO Optimization?

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by Dot, Dec 14, 2008 with 13 replies and 209 views.

1. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    -How does this work?
    -Is there a tutorial or an easy way to put it?
    I hear its a long enduring process that takes time.

2. AzzidReign

AzzidReign I don't do modded or money lobbies. NO GTA AT ALL! Administrator

Ratings:
    seochat.com
    vbseo.com (you can read the material as there is some good stuff that's not just for vbseo product users)
    digitalpoint.com's forums - lots of information there that would prolly take forever to read lol

Here's what I've found:
    Use h1, h2, h3 wisely
    Get quality 1 way links with good anchor text
    Reduce page size (so for forums, removing people's signatures from allowing guests to see them - could work for avatars as well)
    With the same concept of the above, if its for a forum, hide anything that doesn't apply to guests to get a better Code to Content ration (less code the better - this almost goes hand in hand with reducing page size too - too much code = larger file)
    Block spiders from going into directories that don't have content - i.e. image folders
    Join google sitemaps or w/e and add your sitemap to allow the spiders to know where to go

Most of all, CONTENT IS KING. You can't get anywhere with a highly optimized site with crappy content. If you have good content, people advertise for you basically :tongue: You should see how many people link to se7en on their own :tongue:

Google's PR means next to nothing. Don't go chasing pr... Make sure you are ranking high for the SERPs you want (dunno what serps are...you will soon find out by reading about it yourself lol ). When linking to other content on your site, use good anchor text.

Our homepage is GREAT for getting certain pages good PR, recognition by SE's and traffic...that's the only thing PR is good for is recognition. Once I put something on the homepage, it will more than likely come up on the first page of google's results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Sweet thanks Azzid! I've been looking around on DP but that site seems to always leave me lost on the concept of things. lol cause nobody explains things there, they just discuss it. Or as far as I am looking.

4. AzzidReign

Ratings:
    There's other good seo sites but I can't think of any. I hope my information is good enough :smile:

5. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    thanks azzid, i been trying to find that out for ages. :wink:

6. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Alright, to get things off, I'd like to inform you that offsite SEO is MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than onsite. Don't get me wrong, if you have good offsite but bad onsite, you'll probably rank bad in SERPs still (Search Engine Results Page). What I'm getting it as make sure your onsite SEO is good to go before focusing only on offsite.

I've seen a bunch of sites trying to get backlinks via purchasing and more, but this is a stupid thing to do... While it will help you some with offsite SEO, it will not give you natural results... let your backlinks grow with your site, and you'll be able to save money and allow your site to mature much more naturally. Also, I think Google and some other major SE's ban your pages if you buy backlinks... Not 100% sure, but that's what I've been told.

Also, as Azzid already told you, content is king. If you have a forum filled with copy+pastes this can actually hurt your SERPs positions, and it's something you should avoid if you can in the beginning. Writing good, original content is what will bring in the most organic traffic you can ever get, which in term will give you a more profitable site.

Oh, and before I forget: content in the beginning and end of your website has more weight than the middle content. A smart thing to do is have a couple important keywords at the end in the footer... It doesn't get in the way of content, and helps your position in SERPs. For example, as you can see, Azzid has:

As you can see, he does have Se7ensins in there, but that's about it... and that won't help him, because obviously if somebody is searching for "Se7ensins" then this forum will always be first on the SERPs. He could change it around some and have something like "7S: Place for all Call of Duty 4, 5 Tips and Tricks!" edit: I'm not sure if he has invisible text at the end, he may... but it's not the best habit to get into because if SE's catch you they may ban you.

Good luck! :biggrin:

edit: Azzid you still owe me some premium for that referral contest back in October! :.(

• Like Like x 2
  7. AzzidReign

Ratings:
    I never read that about the footer and adding content. Do you have an article I can read that states that?

I'll have to think about adding some RR's to the footer now :tongue:

8. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Lol, I'll keep my on the footer to see when you make the changes then. lol

9. Madman340

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. AzzidReign

Ratings:
    Rock on man. That's awesome! Time to start tweaking **** :smile:

11. Madman340

Ratings:
    *GASP!*

Azzid bypassing the filter! :confused:cared:

Lool, so can I have some prem? I miss that little icon. :S

12. AzzidReign

Ratings:
    PM me with the amount of premium I said I would give you. That way tomorrow when I log in I won't forget (as I should be studying for my finals right now...last day is tomorrow :smile: ).

13. Madman340

Ratings:
    Speaking of, is this your last semester?

Are you going to work on your drofchiropractics website any more?

14. AzzidReign

Ratings:
    lol No this isn't my last semester. I have about 2 1/2 more years of year round schooling of over 30 credit hours each semester.

And yeah, I'm hoping to work on that in the next few weeks. I just haven't had the time to work on it.