Sending torrent through email?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by tryingtomod2008, Dec 17, 2008 with 7 replies and 129 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    Alright i finally got my torrents to start working so i am one step closer to getting my burnt games! But i dont have a dvd burner so i was wondering if i could take the torrent i download at my house and send it to my friend in an email and burn it because he has a dvd burner. If so, how do i do this?

Thanks

2. waffle11

waffle11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well unless you download it onto your friends computer from the torrent, or split it into 700mb sections and burn it onto cd's (which I assume you can burn) then combine the files you split on your friends computer. Then it would be possible. But both processes dont seem worth it to me. I would suggest saving the $30 for a DVD burner.

3. OP
    tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:

Alright. I thought maybe i could just email it somehow and open it at his house. I was gonna buy a dvd burner if this worked anyway i just wanted to make sure first.

4. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    You can get a really big jumpdrive go to his house and then burn it there.

5. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Or, if he's a bit of a geek, he wouldn't mind grabbing his DVD drive and bringing it to your place. You can also get an external hard drive (not a flash drive) and put it on there.

6. OP
    tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    Im just gonna buy an 8gb flash drive and put the game on it and take it to his house and then when i want to do a new game i will just erase the old one. That will be cheaper than buying a dvd burner.

7. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You don't need to buy anything if he says he'll take out his DVD burner and loan it to you. Just offering that. :tongue:

Also, the average DVD burner is less than forty dollars, a tiny bit more than a good size flash drive like you've spoken of.

8. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You can get DVD burner's on newegg for an average of like 25.00 last time I checked :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.