What's new

Solved Selling duped cars

• Thread starter Tinuva1987
  • Start date
  • Views 16,526
T

Tinuva1987

Reaction score
i managed to dupe a car today, for the first time. The original car had custom plates and so does the duped one. In aware i should not sell more then 8 within 30 hours but i was wondering; can i just sell the duped cars with the same custom plates or does Every car i sell have a different custom plate? And if so how do i do this? I was looning through iFruit and it gave me a option to make new custom plates but each time i make a new plate it cost me 100k? If this correct or am i doing something wrong?

S

Sabatchka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this question myself when I started duping, and this is the conclusion that I came to:

All the spawned cars in GTA (bought or stolen from NPC) have a different plate, such as R66STR.
When you dupe a car, you dupe the original plate too. That means two cars with the same plate, eg R66STR
When you sell a car, R* makes a note of the sold plate, and checks if it has been sold already. And if it's the case, then you are in trouble because you are trying to sell a dirty dupe. There are plenty of threads on this.

But when you buy a 'custom plate' with iFruit, you can put this plate on as many cars as you want. Picture this: you have 1 deluxo, 1 T20 and 1 Insurgent with the same plate that you bought for 100K. You can sell the 3 of them without a problem, otherwise you would not be able to put custom plates on cars AND sell them. Or each car would require a different custom plate.

To cut a long story short, I put the same 'custom plate' sometimes with the same colour on all the sultan RS that I duped, sold a lot, without any problem. I still have my plates, and I am careful of the sell limit: 2 cars/hour and not more than 8 cars per 30 hours.

Be careful though. Some cars like the Vigilante do not have the option to change the plate. This does not mean that it does not have a plate, just that you can't see it or change it. I'd be wary to duplicate those. My Insurgent Pick up (bought) has some plates that look random, but that cannot be changed.

T

Tinuva1987

Reaction score
The first part is clear, i also got alot of different cars with the same custom plate “Glenn”. Now im duping the custom elegey and they all get the same custom plate “Glenn”. So what u are saying is i can sell these duped cars with the plate “Glenn” as long as i dont go over the 2 per 60 min or 8 per 30 hour? This is correct right?

S

Sabatchka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this is what I am saying. I have been doing this without a problem for months.

Just to feel ok (I used to do that at the beginning), you can switch the plate colour before selling the car "just to be sure"
It does nothing but reassures you everything is dandy.

G

gl1tangerine

Trevors left nipple
Reaction score
You only need one custom plate.

You've obviously taken the time to read up on daily sell limits (trust me many don't) so stick to them and you'll be just fine :wink:

T

Tinuva1987

Reaction score
Alright guys Thanks alot!

Just 1 mini last Question. I needed some quick cash to upgrade my custom elegy so i sold 2 old cars.. a dominator and some other one i cant remember but both had the “Glenn” plate on it. I think i should count them aswel right? Or is the 8 per 30 hour ;8 same cars (custom elegys) when i want to sel them?

G

gl1tangerine

Trevors left nipple
Reaction score
The 8 per 30 hours applies to any vehicles sold including street cars etc :wink:

E

EyeDuDab

Banned
Reaction score
The 8 per 30 hours applies to any vehicles sold including street cars etc :wink:

PERSONAL AIRCRAFT INSIDE YOUR HANGAR ALSO COUNTS!

IF GIVIN THE OPTION TO REPLACE OR SELL AN AIRCRAFT; ALWAYS SELL, IT COUNTS ANYWAYS.....

Personal aircraft do not have a license, plate, but still count towards the daily sell limit, whether you replaced or sold the aircraft. You may as well make your money back instead of wasting a daily sell

F

FPSmosin

Reaction score
I had this question myself when I started duping, and this is the conclusion that I came to:

All the spawned cars in GTA (bought or stolen from NPC) have a different plate, such as R66STR.
When you dupe a car, you dupe the original plate too. That means two cars with the same plate, eg R66STR
When you sell a car, R* makes a note of the sold plate, and checks if it has been sold already. And if it's the case, then you are in trouble because you are trying to sell a dirty dupe. There are plenty of threads on this.

But when you buy a 'custom plate' with iFruit, you can put this plate on as many cars as you want. Picture this: you have 1 deluxo, 1 T20 and 1 Insurgent with the same plate that you bought for 100K. You can sell the 3 of them without a problem, otherwise you would not be able to put custom plates on cars AND sell them. Or each car would require a different custom plate.

To cut a long story short, I put the same 'custom plate' sometimes with the same colour on all the sultan RS that I duped, sold a lot, without any problem. I still have my plates, and I am careful of the sell limit: 2 cars/hour and not more than 8 cars per 30 hours.

Be careful though. Some cars like the Vigilante do not have the option to change the plate. This does not mean that it does not have a plate, just that you can't see it or change it. I'd be wary to duplicate those. My Insurgent Pick up (bought) has some plates that look random, but that cannot be changed.
You seem to know your stuff so I’m going to ask you.I have several dirty dupes that sell for 0$ can I fix this and make them sell for something?

Top Bottom