What's new

Patched Sell merge-duped Elegy Retro at PC (needs free Revolter -> limited)

D

Draco66

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

Short version (current state of knowledge):
You need one (or as many as possible) free Revolter (bought last week, special guestlist reward) as base for duping cars. Also works with free Nightshark as base, but only to a value of ~800k for Elegy Retro.

Longer version:
With the current "merge-dupe-glitch" found in the thread "Gta 5 SUPER EASY SOLO DUPLICATION GLITCH" https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/gta-5-super-easy-solo-duplication-glitch.1730073/ , you can dupe cars also at PC. But on PC you have a problem selling those duped cars (invalid price data) and you can not keep them (will revert back next time you login -> for this I do not have a solution!).
Usually you will read, that at PC you can only sell dupes up to a value of around 150k (see detailed explanation below)

Anyway, I found out that if you bought some free "Uebermacht Revolter" last week (special guestlist reward), you can use them as the base to dupe and sell any car you want on PC. I guess it is because the price data of the Revolter says sth like 1.6 Million, since this is the buying price now (no you cant sell the revolter directly, if you bought it for 0 you can only sell it for 0). So I think this "invalid price" error message is only checking, if your sell price is ~150k over the buying+upgrades price of the car. It also works with the Nightshark, but only with an Elegy Retro that sells for not more than ~800k (see explanation below)

Explanation of the "more than 150k" rule and why Nightshark does only work with ~800k value Elegy Retro:
The calculation for the ~150k limit works this way I think:
You can only sell a car, if the price you paid in total for it (buying+upgrades) is not more than 150k over of the buying value of the car you used as a base.
That explains why I can sell the Elegy Retro Custom with a Revolter as base (1.6million), but not with a Nightshark (1.2Million). Cause the price I paid for the Elegy is 0 + 900k + ~800k = 1.7 million, wich is within the 150k range.
So with an Nightshark you can only sell vehicles that you paid at max 1.35 million for. That means you can sell the Elegy Retro Custom for around ~800k if you use a Nightshark as base.

Beside this exploit with Revolter and Nightshark, this also means when using the free Elegy as base, the buying price of the car has to be as low as possible and make it worthy with help of upgrades, but do not exceed 300k for buying the car/bike plus buying all the upgrades.
Tested: While the Nightshark as base really works for a 800k Elegy Retro, I'm not able to use a free Elegy as the base for a Sanchez bike, even if the sell value is only 24k (so 7k+48k buying value) so it should work... don't know why it does not. But my Dinka Double T does work for a sell value of ~30k.

I will summarize the glitch found in the mentioned thread. Of course this will stop working soon, but I'm sure the exploit itself will work for other dupe car glitches in the future:
1) Go into your B2 of nightclub and have both cars in B2, the one you want to replace and the one you want to dupe.
2) Stand next to the garage door, but look away from it, so you will not see the interactionmenu to leave garage.
3) Now hit the arrow, so that your character will turn around to face the garage door.
4) BEFORE he fully turns around and before the interaction menu is shown, hit ESC.
5) navigate to any mission (eg. the rockstar created "A Job for a Titan")
6) As soon as you accept the alert that you want to start the mission, start spamming the known "up, accept, up, accept...". I personally hit "up,up,accept...", I think this works better. You start hitting this 0.1 seconds after you accepted the alert and repeating it fast until you are in the job menu. According to the other thread if you own a terrorbyte you add one time "up, up" at the beginning, but I don't have one, so I can not confirm.
7) Right after the menu loaded, do not change any settings, just hit ESC and exit the job.
8) You will be in garage B2 again and your minimap should be gone.
9) Go to the blue circle, select the car you want to dupe and place it over the car you want to replace. (in the list they should change position, but not in the garage). If there is no blue circle and you do not own a terrorbyte, just drive out any car and try again, then it should work.
10) Drive the car you wanted to dupe out of the garage and you will notice after that the plate will change to the overwritten car.
11) Drive it in CEO garage and change something, or drive it in personal vehicle store of MOC. (otherwise LSC won't let you in with that car)
12) Sell it at LSC.

Possible problem:
If you already have a car in your MOC and your garage is nearly full, it happen, that after driving out of my MOC with the duped car, it suddenly disappears and you are on foot.
If this happens quit GTA, cause if you enter the original car, it will also disappear.
After restarting, move some cars to another garage, this should solve it.

If you find out more, how to exploit this or have other tips, please share them :smile:

Last edited:
MisakiIsami

MisakiIsami

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also another good news for people prepared tons of duped deluxo(no need to be empty plate, but should have no car insurance), you could simple use the duped deluxo as a base car like the RH8 in console, and run "Gta 5 SUPER EASY SOLO DUPLICATION GLITCH." You don't have to modify any step, just have to drive the duped retro into your CEO garage and change to a new plate so you could sell it at the LSC.
I only had one duped deluxo left and successfully sold it just now with the above glitch.

Z

Zervox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't followed that thread in detail since when I was searching for PC with Ctrl+F I wouldn't get positive answers. And I see several methods in OP (even after you bought TB). Can you point out which method you, Draco?

DanielPanda123

DanielPanda123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

With the current "merge-dupe-glitch" found in the thread "Gta 5 SUPER EASY SOLO DUPLICATION GLITCH", you can dupe cars also at PC. But on PC you have a problem selling those duped cars (invalid price data) and you can not keep them (will revert back next time you login).
Usually you will read, that at PC you can only sell dupes up to a value of around 150k. But for some reason even this does not work always, no clue why (do you have?).

Anyway, I found out that if you bought some free "Uebermacht Revolter" last week (special guestlist reward), you can use them as the base to dupe and sell any car you want on PC. I guess it is because the price data of the Revolter says sth like 1.6 Million, since this is the buying price now (no you cant sell the revolter directly, if you bought it for 0 you can only sell it for 0). So I think this "invalid price" error message is only checking, if your sell price is ~150k over the buying price of the car. I also tested it with the free Nightshark, but for some reason this does not work, at least not for a full upgraded Elegy Retro.

To dupe the car, do the trick in the other thread, the "titan mission" variant. And when you stand close to the garage door, look back from the door (so no leaving interactin menu is there). Then hit the direction key to look at the garage door again and before the interaction menu pops up, you hit ESC and proceed with the glitch. (because with open interaction menu, you can not use ESC).

If you find out more, how to exploit this or have other tips, please share them :smile:

I didnt understand this very good, do we need to get a car that sells over 150k?

D

Draco66

Reaction score
Sin$
Z Zervox :
I added a summarize of the current working glitch in the first post within the spoilertags.

DanielPanda123 DanielPanda123 :
At current state all I know is that you don't get "invalid price" when you use the Revolter as the base car. If you bought this car for free last week, you can exploit it (or test if you find out more).
It is my guess, that it works because the Revolter is normally much more expensive than the ~900k you get for an Elegy Retro Custom. So if you use a free Elegy as the base, the price check sees "Original price 0, current sell price 900k -> oh this is more than 150k over the original price -> error". But with the Revolter it sees the orignal price of 1.6 million and therefore it works.
But as mentioned, this is only my guess. I can not explain why this does not work with the Nightshark wich costs ~1.2 million.

D

Draco66

Reaction score
Sin$
I think I found out more details about the ~150k rule and why Nightshark does not work for a fully upgraded Elegy, added it to the first post.

Unfortunately I found no way to sell high value cars if you have no Revolters and no Nightsharks left =/ The best you can make after it is roughly 150k with a "low buying cost"-car (see explanation in first post).
Of course I tried to dupe a Nightshark and use this Dupe as a base for a more expensive car, but unfortunately I still got the invalid price, so it seems there is no workaround for this.

C

chuxterofdoom

Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe something like this is possible using the free duke of death since that normally is bought for around 500,000 or so but is free for a lot of returning xbox360 or ps3 players. Then dupe a car or bennys car that doesn't sell for an amount over what a regularly bought duke of death sells for? Like under 300,000 probably but hey better than nothing. Anyone know how much a base duke of death will sell for without upgrades?

John 9

John 9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
O good thing I filled one of my CEO garage with Revolter. It came in handy.:biggrin:
Just did it and sold 2 retros for around 945k each.
Anyways, can I dupe and store them or will it revert back to Revolter?

Z

Zervox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just tried it and hit it first time. Watched Unphased Gaming's video but I don't think I went up-up-enter 3 times but only 2 times. Had no minimap but a blue circle, did the switcheroo. Saved it in my CEO garage (had empty spaces), changed the plate from the revolter generic one to a custom one. Changed sessions, ERC still in that ceo garage with the custom plate I put and only 9 spaces left in my B3 garage where I did the glitch.

I am just mad that I only got like 13-15 revolters last week and the deluxo one is just waaay too long to pull it off.

Edit: A bit of an issue. As I said previously, dupes stick when switching sessions and can be sold I think; I mean, I drove one to LSC and when entering the sell section I had the option to sell it for like 950k (some parts are discounted this week, so that's why). After I did 3 dupes, I had to exit the game. After I came back, I did a 4th one just to realize they reverted back to revolter which had the custom plates I put on when they were ERCs. So either that's how is supposed to happen (you can't save them to sell them at a later time) or is it because I left them in the CEO garage (not full) but had to drove them afterwards into a full garage?

Last edited:
D

Draco66

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, at PC the dupes will always convert back if you leave online mode! This happens always, even with Revolter. I don't know a solution for that.

C chuxterofdoom :
If my math is correct (I'm not 100% sure), you should be able to sell a car you paid up to 800k for. Since the Elegy retro costs 900k in upgrade, this would not work. But maybe another car, eg the Van, buy for 30k and upgrade for 330k. Then you can buy more upgrades for ~440k. After buying the sell value will be around 200k , with upgrades of 440k, the sell value will roughly be about ~420k.
But I'm not sure what price of the base car is compared. If the current shown price at shop is 0, it can be that this is the price the game looks onto.

Z

Zervox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Meh, I won't bother that much with the glitch then. I mean, it's still pretty easy and quick and us, PC users, can use the bypass method to sell the dupes without reaching that daily sell limit if you really are in need for a quick and easy cash. But they made some changes to dupe detection so keep in mind that as well (I guess)? If you really don't want to risk it then Act 2 replay glitch it's your buddy IF you have a buddy to play with.

Nonetheless, appreciate your findings and expertise on the matter, my dude.

John 9

John 9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it's best to just dupe and sell same time since it can't store.
Was thinking of duping one and save it like normal, then take it outside and blow it up so it will be at mors mutual. Now go offline and back on and claim it and see if it will save. Just a wild though not sure if it will work.
The only dupe that stay are the ones that require custom plates as far as I know.

L

LnZi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow amazing find! Sadly I didn't get as many revolters to really make use of this, but at least we got new info on what goes on behind the "invalid value" when trying to sell the dupes. Maybe this lights up ideas on other people's minds.

Top Bottom
Login
Register