What's new

Solved Seem to Hit a Wall

M

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
So I have been playing destiny since it came out (with obvious breaks in between) and have been stuck on level 24 for over a week now. I do all the bounties for crucible and vanguard but it seems like I am just not getting anywhere. I quit playing the missions since they aren't as fun after you beat em. Im sorry but maybe im missing something. I just see others of higher rank and cant see where im going wrong. thanks!

C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
You do realise you need light to level up right? I don't think you understand how leveling up works after 20

S

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
You need light, not EXP.

X

Xbox One Guru

Xbox Master Race
Reaction score
You need legendaries. Start doing queens bounties and then do their missions. Also try to have a bunch of marks and a vanguard or crucible rank of 2

M

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
I'm a level 24 so I do realize that. I'm just not getting any better armor out of my matches. I was for a while and now nothing. After 24 do you only get better stuff by buying it at the tower? 
You need legendaries. Start doing queens bounties and then do their missions. Also try to have a bunch of marks and a vanguard or crucible rank of 2
Thanks ill give that a try

F

fathom7411

Reaction score
I'm a level 24 so I do realize that. I'm just not getting any better armor out of my matches. I was for a while and now nothing. After 24 do you only get better stuff by buying it at the tower? 

Thanks ill give that a try
You can get it from drops, rewards, chests, etc.

E

Extinct

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
So I have been playing destiny since it came out (with obvious breaks in between) and have been stuck on level 24 for over a week now. I do all the bounties for crucible and vanguard but it seems like I am just not getting anywhere. I quit playing the missions since they aren't as fun after you beat em. Im sorry but maybe im missing something. I just see others of higher rank and cant see where im going wrong. thanks!
The same thing happened to me at 25, you really just have to wait it out until you get lucky enough to get better armor with more light. Try doing the queens bounties and then do the missions for her. You should get some pretty good legendary items from them. Also, don't forget to upgrade your armor when you can because it increases the light they have. I hope that helps and good luck!

F

Frost

Lich King
Retired
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me at 25, you really just have to wait it out until you get lucky enough to get better armor with more light. Try doing the queens bounties and then do the missions for her. You should get some pretty good legendary items from them. Also, don't forget to upgrade your armor when you can because it increases the light they have. I hope that helps and good luck!
^This. Upgrading legendaries can sometimes be a pain, as you have to have a wide range of things from Ascendent Shards to Iron Relics, but it's definitely worth it.

P

Priority

SE7ENSINS
Reaction score
been stuck between 25 - 26 for over a week just broke 27 today it gets tough man just have to grind

M

Mikorawr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally broke 28 a little tip or two, wait on xur before buying anything is step 1, step 2 do the queens bounties for the helm n chest but do NOT upgrade em yet, ste 3 get a team for nightfall weekly two 28s can easily boost you through or even one (have done myself and for 4 friends so far) step 4 at the weekend use your coins to buy the legendary armor and upgrade that. If it's a helm salvage your queens guard one, same if it's a chest. Do not buy the weapons not too important,

Optional steps here farm the treasure cave as long as you can stomach for blue engrams and purples n hope for boots or missing legendary pieces. Focus on the pve bounties and the queens guard that do not involve pvp therefore maximising your time spent :smile:

P.s xclaireybearx is my x1 gtag if you wanna see how I have done things :smile:

M

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Finally broke 28 a little tip or two, wait on xur before buying anything is step 1, step 2 do the queens bounties for the helm n chest but do NOT upgrade em yet, ste 3 get a team for nightfall weekly two 28s can easily boost you through or even one (have done myself and for 4 friends so far) step 4 at the weekend use your coins to buy the legendary armor and upgrade that. If it's a helm salvage your queens guard one, same if it's a chest. Do not buy the weapons not too important,

Optional steps here farm the treasure cave as long as you can stomach for blue engrams and purples n hope for boots or missing legendary pieces. Focus on the pve bounties and the queens guard that do not involve pvp therefore maximising your time spent :smile:

P.s xclaireybearx is my x1 gtag if you wanna see how I have done things :smile:

Thanks! This was super helpful. I just didn't have thr rigjt outlook but i will for sure be taking some of these steps.

M

Mikorawr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also exotic weapon bountys.... Save em up you don't need to focus them really, most will involve time consuming brain numbing things plus higher light -makes things a lot easier although another little top for anyone

Save up blue or higher fusion rifles and store them (if you ever get a bounty requiring them you will thank me later haha)

N

Neokilla

Life is what you make it.
Reaction score
I got the game on Monday and I'm lvl 26 just from campaign and crucible, guess I just got lucky.

M

Mikorawr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link to your character neo? Coz that must have taken some amount of bloody rng and luck

Top Bottom