Secondary error code 1101

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by M83, Nov 17, 2015 with 30 replies and 2,648 views.

1. M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    To start..

I have been inactive for a very long time so forgive any stupid questions I might ask, haven't been on these forums for a few years.

That being said...

A while back I tried to update my dashboard on my xenon JTAG to whatever the latest was at the time. I do not remember exactly what happened but one thing lead to another and I ended up with secondary error code 1101. I kind of gave up for a little when this happened because I was losing interest in it at the time. Well now a couple years later ive decided to invest some time into it and see if i can fix it.
    If any of you guys here could help me out/ link me to some stuff so I can get a jumpstart back into all this itd be much appreciated! I know the error has something to do with the NAND flash but its been so long I really cant remember much.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. JoinTheResistance

JoinTheResistance Dead to the world, alive for the journey...

Ratings:
    Does it boot xell, when you turn it on with the eject button?

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When trying to boot into xell no video is displayed nor is the the monitor picking up a signal. However, the 4 green lights turn on and no red rings appear when powering on through the eject button. Unlike the initial power button, which gives me 1 red ring (1101 error code) when I power it on.

4. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    * bump *

5. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Check your monitor's settings, maybe even try the AV cable on a TV, not a monitor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Still cannot seem to get it to boot into xell. Does this mean I bricked my console? If so how can I fix this? Also, does it matter whether I use the HD AV cables or the non-hd component cables when plugged into the TV? I doubt it matters but I figured id ask considering the console is very old (Xenon motherboard, Core 360 console, first ever produced).

7. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    It shouldn't really matter. If you don't see anything, but the console boots (indicated by the frond LEDs), you can try putting your last working nand dump on a USB flash drive and renaming it to updflash.bin. After that, just plug it into to the console, use the eject button to start Xell and wait 2-3 minutes, then turn the console off and reboot it to see if it works

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay so good news and bad news..

Good news: Turns out the console does boot into xell! Just had to tinker with the component cables a little.

Bad news: I do not have my most recent NAND dump or any dump at all. Throughout my time of inactivity the computer I used to use for all of my modding and xbox endeavors has broken. Is there any other alternative.. perhaps I can use someone else's NAND image?

*EDIT*

Did a little searching and found this

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...ing-dumps-erasing-corrupting-the-nand.989323/

Will this method work in my case?

9. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Yes, that's actually a very good tutorial. However, follow it from the second post, the first one is for recovering the CPU key and LDV, which you already have from Xell.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Will do! Thank you for your help, much appreciated. Will keep this thread updated if I run into any other problems.

*Edit*

Just want to be sure, the USB that I am using needs to be in fat32 format correct?

11. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Yes, let me know how it goes.

12. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im confused on if/ how to do it with a USB. The tutorial itself says you need to do it through the LPT cable connections (which i ripped off a while back).. I instead tried to just take the new updflash.bin created from j-runner and launch it into xell. Unfortunately that wasn't working either. Having trouble figuring out what I may be doing wrong.

13. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    What happens when you boot Xell with the updflash.bin file on a FAT32 flash drive?

14. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:

A little hard to see, just recorded real quick with my phone. Either way it boots, runs a bunch of error messages and ends quickly. When i boot up my JTAG via power button after it still has 1 red ring (error 1101)

15. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Have you tried plugging out the network cable?

16. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    network cable? Like an ethernet cable? If so, no I dont have one plugged in

17. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Does this happen even with the flash drive not plugged in?

18. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes, from what I can tell the error messages are the same with and without the flash drive plugged in

19. JoinTheResistance

Ratings:
    Have you tried just waiting it out? Maybe leave the console on for ~5 minutes and see if it detects the updflash.bin.

20. OP
    M83

M83 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Still nothing, I know its reading the USB though because its lighting up and in XeLL it says

(under fusesets)

*USB/FAT init failed.
    *try booting tftp
    do tftp