search engine virus

• Thread starter dablazer916
  • Start date
  • Views 1,075
D

dablazer916

Reaction score
Sin$
So everytime i try to google or yahoo search something, it redirects me to some random search engine thats probably a virus. I know that this is a virus, but i dont know how to remove it because i cant google search it! I have installed Malwarebytes and have ran it many many times but it cant seem to remove this one. I use it to remove the other ones but this one is probably a sleeping trojan or something. i use Mozila Firefox, Can someone help me because i have a research paper coming up and i cant research my topic. a free anti-virus or a manual way of removing this is nice. thanks

Dramskizz

Dramskizz

Steam <3
Mythical Veteran Stickied TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You should try installing Google Chrome, it is way faster in my opinion. Also if it still happens, I'm sure someone will help you with the virus.

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It is possibly a addon. If not try typing "about:config" in Mozillas url bar and search for "browser.search.defaultenginename". Change that to Google. Not Google.com or whatever. Simply just Google.
After this change anything that you find when typing "search" that is the site you do not want to "http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw", using a similar format to what it does for that search engine. For example if it says "Search|||http://yahoo.co.uk/search" keep the search||| bit and replace the url.

D

dablazer916

Reaction score
Sin$
It is possibly a addon. If not try typing "about:config" in Mozillas url bar and search for "browser.search.defaultenginename". Change that to Google. Not Google.com or whatever. Simply just Google.
After this change anything that you find when typing "search" that is the site you do not want to "http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw", using a similar format to what it does for that search engine. For example if it says "Search|||http://yahoo.co.uk/search" keep the search||| bit and replace the url.

i dont know what u mean after the part when i change browser.search.defaultenginename to google. it was already google. oh im pretty sure its a virus of some sort. but can you explain in more detail?

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont know what u mean after the part when i change browser.search.defaultenginename to google. it was already google. oh im pretty sure its a virus of some sort. but can you explain in more detail?
If it was already at google then it should work fine. Check to see if there are any toolbars enabled.
Go to firefox/addons and then search through addons/plugins for anything that sounds unneeded. Disable them and see the effect it has.

D

dablazer916

Reaction score
Sin$
If it was already at google then it should work fine. Check to see if there are any toolbars enabled.
Go to firefox/addons and then search through addons/plugins for anything that sounds unneeded. Disable them and see the effect it has.

ok i cant really tell whats good or not so heres a screenshot of what i have. tell me which ones i shud disable because i fail at telling whats good

extension:
1.jpg

plugins:
2.jpg

3.jpg

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i cant really tell whats good or not so heres a screenshot of what i have. tell me which ones i shud disable because i fail at telling whats good

extension:
1.jpg

plugins:
2.jpg

3.jpg
Do you have the same problem when using a different browser such as internet explorer?

D

dablazer916

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have the same problem when using a different browser such as internet explorer?

i never use any other browser. when i launch internet explorer i get pop-ups so i never use it. i dont feel that its safe.

Top Bottom
Login
Register