What's new

Discussion Script Mods on Retail Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ic3dev

Reaction score
Sin$
Script mods are possible on retail consoles even without an xkey. It can be accomplished by setting up a web server emulating prod.ros.rockstargames.com which requires exploiting IIS to grab all the necessary server files. Yes this is the same method originally used to serve tunables, however this time you are emulating their secure server instead. Use Wireshark in combination with Bluestacks android emulator+ Android IFruit to capture your Ticket ID for starters.

Happy Hunting and ill consider posting part 2 tonight if people are interested and at least attempt this on their own.

Hope I gave a few people (you know who you are) a heart attack in posting this, its going to be patched anyways, people might as well enjoy it.

DeweySalt

DeweySalt

Developer & Gamer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd calm down with that unless you wanna get it patched.

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
Script mods are possible on retail consoles even without an xkey. It can be accomplished by setting up a web server emulating prod.ros.rockstargames.com which requires exploiting IIS to grab all the necessary server files. Yes this is the same method originally used to serve tunables, however this time you are emulating their secure server instead.

If only it were that simple. :biggrin:

There's a reason why mission modding doesn't work anymore. You can try to serve scripts all you want but without it coming from Rockstar, you're out of luck. You'd be in the same boat trying to give your console a modified mission file.

By the way you put the info into your post, it looks like you're going off of what someone else told you. The information isn't enough to do anything and points out a leak. Thank you.

I'm hoping DeweySalt DeweySalt worked with you; otherwise you're probably stealing others' work.

There would be quite a few people he'd be stealing work from, other than just DeweySalt.

Last edited:
Art

Art

the guy who designs stuff
VIP
Retired
Artist A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Any abnormal values = Instaban.
That is if this even worked..

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
Any abnormal values = Instaban.
That is if this even worked..

That's right. I've been banned (console suspended) by Rockstar twice in the past month and a half. The last one was for boosting my cash up to $6 million.

7s Ecky

7s Ecky

Haggis enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can get it working with Charles or whatever other **** you use please keep it private,

BitByte

BitByte

Reaction score
Sin$
You make stuff like that public when you want to f*ck someone over. Thing is, I can tell he's too stupid to make his own scripts, so he has to use for it, hence he made it public.

Art

Art

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Tunables was fun while it lasted. Please do not bring them back... xD

Art

Art

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL tunables is gone. If you do get it working, they'll ban you for just looking at it funny.
Not if you only use it for snow and HUD color changes :wink:

A

Awakening

The Poxleitner
Grammar Nazi Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Although I find it difficult to admit, I can vouch that this method did in fact work and could have scripts available in the modder pool, but not in public games. From what I understand, this no longer works or needs a lot of improving on to make work. Still, I've only ever seen them going into the modders pool with a similar method to this.

Last edited:
BitByte

BitByte

Reaction score
Sin$
Although I find it difficult to admit, I can vouch that this method did in fact work and could have scripts available in the modder pool, but not in public games. From what I understand, this no longer works or needs a lot of improving on to make work. Still, I've only ever seen them going into the modders pool with a similar method to this.
I'm actually kind of relieved this method will be patched. I figured one of them would leak something, and apparently they not only leaked to this guy, but people like you and NYC NYC as well. Of course they never got their hands on any scripts, so they just bit themselves in the *ss by leaking it. You guys will never get scripts on retail, and this little post convinced me to email Rockstar with all the details of how this exploit works, as well as any related exploits, just to make sure you can't enjoy it. Big thanks to this whole community for being so childish they can't keep one thing a secret (you guys know who you are). I won't even bother figuring out who did it, the OP doesn't know the full exploit but I'm sure DeweySalt DeweySalt , _Zero_ _Zero_ , V7X3 , or ECB2 will finish telling them the rest of it just in time for Rockstar to patch it :smile:

Script Mods

Script Mods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm actually kind of relieved this method will be patched. I figured one of them would leak something, and apparently they not only leaked to this guy, but people like you and NYC NYC as well. Of course they never got their hands on any scripts, so they just bit themselves in the *ss by leaking it. You guys will never get scripts on retail, and this little post convinced me to email Rockstar with all the details of how this exploit works, as well as any related exploits, just to make sure you can't enjoy it. Big thanks to this whole community for being so childish they can't keep one thing a secret (you guys know who you are). I won't even bother figuring out who did it, the OP doesn't know the full exploit but I'm sure DeweySalt DeweySalt , _Zero_ _Zero_ , V7X3 , or ECB2 will finish telling them the rest of it just in time for Rockstar to patch it :smile:
Your the only Childish one here...

Emailing R*? How pathetic can you get haha

Why Don't You go and Cry to Blade Now for releasing a Trainer for online? Or Chrome for 'Releasing' The JTAG Method? :cigar: :happy:

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
DeweySalt DeweySalt told me that he had a way to do it, and has helped me with some of my modding. I've known him since the tunables days, and we worked together on getting tunables working after the hotfix. He never told me how he goes about doing what he does, and I don't even have the method needed to make this stuff work. I only know the basics and that it is possible.

That being said, I haven't told ANYBODY anything about this, so what are you even taking about?

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sure DeweySalt DeweySalt , _Zero_ _Zero_ , V7X3 , or ECB2 will finish telling them the rest of it just in time for Rockstar to patch it :smile:

That's cute. Someone's visibly upset. Do I know you?

DeweySalt DeweySalt told me that he had a way to do it, and has helped me with some of my modding. I've known him since the tunables days, and we worked together on getting tunables working after the hotfix. He never told me how he goes about doing what he does, and I don't even have the method needed to make this stuff work. I only know the basics and that it is possible.

That being said, I haven't told ANYBODY anything about this, so what are you even taking about?

That's because he didn't find out the theory to go about doing what he does, I did. DeweySalt simply refined a small part of the process. He got some flak for leaking some information while back and since then things have been cleared up so he isn't saying much (as far as I'm aware). The point isn't the "leak", though. It's the fact that there's a post mentioning the words "scripts on retail". Whether or not it's possible, and I'm not going to entertain the idea, doesn't matter. It's only a theory but Rockstar will read this and toughen security.

I've already moved my chess pieces long ago in lieu of this. No one can be trusted. I'll leave my slew of exploits on the "do not release" list. I'm still safe.

Last edited:
NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
That's because he didn't find out the way to go about doing what he does, I did. DeweySalt simply refined a small part of the process. He got some flak for leaking some information while back and since then things have been cleared up so he isn't saying much (as far as I'm aware). The point isn't the "leak", though. It's the fact that there's a post mentioning the words "scripts on retail". Whether or not it's possible, and I'm not going to entertain the idea, doesn't matter. Rockstar will read this and toughen security.

I've already moved my chess pieces in lieu of this. I'll leave my slew of exploits on the "do not release" list. I'm still safe.
I understand completely. I'm just trying to clear my name from BitByte BitByte 's accusation that I leaked this method.

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
I understand completely. I'm just trying to clear my name from BitByte BitByte 's accusation that I leaked this method.

Understandable. I couldn't care less. If this goes downhill, there's a good amount of stuff I'll leave you guys on retail before I leave what's left of the GTA scene.

Btw, emailing Rockstar will accomplish nothing with their incompetent support. So good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register