What's new

Solved Scratched the MotherBoard, won't turn on!

  • Thread starter BobMcDonald
  • Start date
  • Views 1,203
B

BobMcDonald

Enthusiast
Messages
77
Reaction score
30
Hey everyone, I was just finishing my second JTAG 360 when I encountered an issue. I had just completed the JTAG, I tested it out and the dashboard popped up perfectly, and I decided to remove the R6T3 Resistor. So I turned the board over and took my flathead and pried the resistor off and accidentally left a somewhat small scratch about half-way down the board. I then tried to turn it on again but it just shows the green light for about a second and then turns off. I'm unsure of what to do now. I don't think I damaged the motherboard or any of the solder joints, resistors, or anything else, but it seems very unlikely that it is not because of it. Any ideas of what I can do, or if that even is the problem? I would be very happy if that wasn't the problem, but I'm not crossing my fingers. I appreciate any help and here are some pictures:
fe29af030b.jpg

f75619ef16.jpg

6389e94ea3.jpg
 
H

Horizon

Enthusiast
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
I have no idea man, I really wish I could help you. I prolly shouldnt even be posting this because it's a waste of peoples time by reading this but I just can resist saying. DAYYYYUUUMMMM! LOOKS LIKE YOU TOSSED YOUR CAT IN YOUR XBOX! sorry.. Does not look like you scratched anything too too bad though.:frown:
 
B

BobMcDonald

Enthusiast
Messages
77
Reaction score
30
Horizon said:
I have no idea man, I really wish I could help you. I prolly shouldnt even be posting this because it's a waste of peoples time by reading this but I just can resist saying. DAYYYYUUUMMMM! LOOKS LIKE YOU TOSSED YOUR CAT IN YOUR XBOX! sorry.. Does not look like you scratched anything too too bad though.:frown:

Thanks :tongue: I think I cut two little resistors off, as seen in the 2nd picture.
 
H

Horizon

Enthusiast
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
BobMcDonald said:
Thanks :tongue: I think I cut two little resistors off, as seen in the 2nd picture.


There has got to be some way to fix this. I don't know very much about hardware, I was trained by the army for software lol. This may be a stupid question but is there anyway to like... solder the resistors to fix them?
 
B

BobMcDonald

Enthusiast
Messages
77
Reaction score
30
Horizon said:
There has got to be some way to fix this. I don't know very much about hardware, I was trained by the army for software lol. This may be a stupid question but is there anyway to like... solder the resistors to fix them?

Probably, I think I can re-solder them on there. The problem is that I didn't realize this until just now. That means that those resistors could be anywhere around here, and even if I did happen to find those 1/4 millimeter suckers, I don't have a good solder to try it with. I appreciate the help, thanks!
 
H

Horizon

Enthusiast
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
BobMcDonald said:
Probably, I think I can re-solder them on there. The problem is that I didn't realize this until just now. That means that those resistors could be anywhere around here, and even if I did happen to find those 1/4 millimeter suckers, I don't have a good solder to try it with. I appreciate the help, thanks!


Damn good point, I wonder if they are magnetic? Have any old speakers laying around? You can tare one apart and there is this HUGE heavy duty magnet in them, Those things are friggen powerful, You put 2 of em together you will be there all day trying to pry em apart! See if you can sweep your floor with one of em, Hey if you find it, Good luck getting it off =P
 
B

BobMcDonald

Enthusiast
Messages
77
Reaction score
30
Horizon said:
Damn good point, I wonder if they are magnetic? Have any old speakers laying around? You can tare one apart and there is this HUGE heavy duty magnet in them, Those things are friggen powerful, You put 2 of em together you will be there all day trying to pry em apart! See if you can sweep your floor with one of em, Hey if you find it, Good luck getting it off =P

Thanks! I tried sweeping the floor with one earlier but so far I've got nothing. I think I'm going to take another borked board and try swapping some resistors. I'll keep looking though. Didn't know that about computer speakers, interesting :smile:
 
H

Horizon

Enthusiast
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
BobMcDonald said:
Thanks! I tried sweeping the floor with one earlier but so far I've got nothing. I think I'm going to take another borked board and try swapping some resistors. I'll keep looking though. Didn't know that about computer speakers, interesting :smile:

Yea, =] Hope that works. Also, I am not sure if computer speakers have em, I mean, I don't see why they wouldnt? I know for a fact like car speakers, and speakers that you would use in your house for like surround sound have them. Anyways, Good luck with the mix and match, Let me know how it turns out, I am intrested in finding out!
 
Top Bottom