What's new

Discussion Scratched MW 2 Disk

K

Korwyn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I borrowed my cousins Modern Warfare 2 disk and I've had it for a long time and it got scratched. It got pretty deep too. Ive tried everything from licking the disk to putting alcohol on it. Is there anyways I can get the game without paying for it? Also, if your going to suggest buying a boot legged one, I don't have a flashed xbox.

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
You can go to Gamestop (or whatever local video game shop) and buy the game, and just swap the disk, and return. You will get your money back.

I

iMOddedURacount

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
a cheaper way is to go to a blockbuster and rent a copy of it. when its time to return send your scratched copy back. thats what i did when mine got so scratched it wouldnt even read. itll cost ya 7.99 but hey thats better than paying for another copy.

gamestop checks thier games before they sell them to you so that wont work. if you buy a used game and say its scratched they will first give you a different copy before returning anything.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Tooth paste or peanut butter. Also, you can go to family video and they should be able to buffer the scratch out for free.

duzion

duzion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You licked it? Seriously, what do you think licking it would do?

As they said, just take it to a local video store and get it cleaned for ten dollars...
OR, you can put toothpaste on it, spread 2 inches of peanutbutter onto the disc then microwave it, leave it for five minutes then wrap it up in tin foil and put it into your xbox.

^^ DO NOT DO THAT ^^
LOL, would be funny if it worked.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just get it re-surfaced at a local video game store or if you are prone to scratching discs buy a re-surfacer.

I

iMOddedURacount

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
some of em cant be buffed out though, depends on how deep the scratch was. mine wasnt able to be fixed, it popped up out of the tray and spun inside scratching the s*** out of it. if your xbox still reads it borrow a friends copy save it to your hard drive and then itll still play it.

K

Korwyn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. I licked it before and it worked but for some reason its not working now.

S

SunShone

Reaction score
Sin$
I think the best choice would be to go to GameStop and trade it in for a new disk :smile:

I

iMOddedURacount

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
like i said if your hard drive is big enough either rent a copy or borrow a friends and save their copy to your hard drive, then put your disc in itll read it then play it off the hard drive.

L

leedscasual23

Reaction score
Sin$
if the disc cant be repaired maybe install it to his hardrive .

DionnnK

DionnnK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to BB and rent it. Then return the bad one and keep the good one.

I

iMOddedURacount

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't if its scratched.
borrow a friends copy or rent another copy, save that copy to your hard drive. your scratched disc will still be able to play as long as it can read the disc when on the dashboard.

W

World

Reaction score
Sin$
You can go to a gaming store, such as GameStop, and they will polish your disk for a small fee. But if you do not want to spend money, just use tooth paste and a paper towel. That method has worked for me multiple times! :lol:

Desire

Desire

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Legendary Veteran End of the Year 2011
Reaction score
Sin$
Hold it inside a toilet, then flush the toilet and let the water rinse the disk. That sometimes works for me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register