Scratched disk hd question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by raiden041191, Feb 7, 2009 with 5 replies and 285 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiden041191

raiden041191 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok i have a scratched gta4. The xbox can read it though to a certain point. Like it starts up then once it shows the black text in a menu it freezes. So my question is can i install gta4 from another disk on to my hd and as long as my xbox reads that the scratched disk is in the drive then will it be able to work?

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yes. And my disk is like that too. :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nightcast

Nightcast Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Hey no offense or anything I don't mind having my questions answered either but why didn't you just try yourself before asking?

4. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Depends where it's scratched. The Xbox still needs to recognize the disk for it to work.

5. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    my suggestion: do the toothpaste trick (with hot water and stuff) and then rip it to hdd. try to get the best rip out of it; otherwise your idea WILL work since the xbox only reads you ss on the disk when its in and the disk is already on the hdd.

6. OP
    raiden041191

raiden041191 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    because i only have a 20gb and i didnt want to delete all my videos and demos before i tried it and found out that it didnt work. I also tried that toothpaste tutorial and didnt seem to work. but i borrowed the disk from my friend and it worked:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.