Scratched Discs FIX?!

• Thread starter pharmaceutikill
  • Start date
  • Views 408
pharmaceutikill

pharmaceutikill

Reaction score
Sin$
So I just rented a game from Redbox and it's scratched. It won't even install to my HD. Anyone know of a way to buff it out a little? The scratches were done by an Xbox as there are two rings around the outer side of the disc. Anything worked for anyone before? Thanks!

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
So I just rented a game from Redbox and it's scratched. It won't even install to my HD. Anyone know of a way to buff it out a little? The scratches were done by an Xbox as there are two rings around the outer side of the disc. Anything worked for anyone before? Thanks!
Take it to family video and get it buffed.
If that doesn't work try using toothpaste or some peanut butter to buff the disk.

pharmaceutikill

pharmaceutikill

Reaction score
Sin$
There aren't any video stores around me. Do I leave the toothpaste on for a few minutes? I've used that method before with CDs back in the day but don't remember it helping much.

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Just rub the toothpaste all over and then polish with a microfibre cloth. Then use the other side of the cloth to wipe it all off and it should work as long as it wasn't a deep scratch.

Different people use different methods but that's how I do it.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Rub toothpaste all over it, but make sure you wipe it all clean before putting it in your xbox :tongue:

azdrc29

azdrc29

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used baby diaper rash cream instead of toothpaste and it worked great!

Larry David

Larry David

Curbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This happened to my L.A Noire disc 2 (the middle of the ****ing game!), it's so annoying!!

gravity kat

gravity kat

G Kitty
Reaction score
Sin$
there is really no fixing a scratched disk. The information on the disk is basically ruined. Basically if you dipped a book in water and let all the words morph into each other and than wiped it off with a rag. It's still unreadable.

azdrc29

azdrc29

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
there is really no fixing a scratched disk. The information on the disk is basically ruined. Basically if you dipped a book in water and let all the words morph into each other and than wiped it off with a rag. It's still unreadable.
Dude my MW3 disk was scratched to all hell and I got it to install into the xbox and work whenever I want to play it. Diaper rash cream for the win!

Top Bottom
Login
Register