• Start date
  • Views 1,557
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reynard

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm running ixtreme 1.6 and played cod mw2 using active iso disc and am now worried about being banned on live.
I got the latest dashboard installed but have'nt connected to xbl since approx september .I tried to connect this morning (nov 14) and got message that I need to update otherwise I can't sign on.Anyway I chickened out and don't know what to do now.I know there's a new update coming out in a few days time.
If I am banned or get banned will I still be able to play games offline.I'm not that bothered about playing online anyway but its nice to browse thru xbl etc
Glad of any advice

Damage

Damage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been console banned, and I still play offline.

D3xter

D3xter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't accept the update until the new hacked firmware is out.

D3xter

D3xter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you could go back to stock firmware and update if you want to play online.

R

reynard

Reaction score
Sin$
Just checking other posts is it right that if I am banned and try to play or even connect to xbl I will f**k my hd.Also i can check if i'm banned by registering for a repair at xbox.com(give serial no etc)

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
reynard said:
Just checking other posts is it right that if I am banned and try to play or even connect to xbl I will f**k my hd.Also i can check if i'm banned by registering for a repair at xbox.com(give serial no etc)

The files on your HDD will become flagged, and show up as corrupt on other consoles, but that can be fixed.

Xbox.com method is not 100%.

Since you had your ethernet cable in, even if you didn't update, you connected to Xbox LIVE, and you will probably be banned very shortly (if you aren't already).

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Chances are you have been flagged, your powerless to do anything if you have.

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jester_ said:
The files on your HDD will become flagged, and show up as corrupt on other consoles, but that can be fixed.

Since you had your ethernet cable in, even if you didn't update, you connected to Xbox LIVE, and you will probably be banned very shortly (if you aren't already).

what jester said. you have probably already been banned... :S

X

xHaCkeRzx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn. Im wondering If I will get banned, the last time I played a backup was last week (Halo 3) just 1 day before MW2 came out. I have been using a LEGIT MW2 disc ever since. Will I get banned? Also, i'm guessing there's a chance that the new update will scan my xbox **** so is it possible if i install the update using another xbox thats not flashed and install the the new dashboard from that xbox?

Twis7ed Fate

Twis7ed Fate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xHaCkeRzx said:
Damn. Im wondering If I will get banned, the last time I played a backup was last week (Halo 3) just 1 day before MW2 came out. I have been using a LEGIT MW2 disc ever since. Will I get banned? Also, i'm guessing there's a chance that the new update will scan my xbox **** so is it possible if i install the update using another xbox thats not flashed and install the the new dashboard from that xbox?
the bannings aren't becuz of MW2 or any games, they are becuz M$ found out how to see if you have a flashed xbox or not so you might be banned...but you might get lucky like me :thumbup:

B

Bleve

Reaction score
Sin$
I got banned last night. i have'nt played online in a few weeks or so. i did however accept an update. :mad: I think this is why they detected my drive. I was using 1.6. I wanna know if i get the new update on my drive will I be un banned?

R

reynard

Reaction score
Sin$
Thx for info.If my files on HDD become flagged, and show up as corrupt on other consoles will they still be ok on my console ,also how can they be fixed.

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
reynard said:
Thx for info.If my files on HDD become flagged, and show up as corrupt on other consoles will they still be ok on my console ,also how can they be fixed.

this issue has been discussed already. go here to read more...

halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
u know i was thinking this the other day. not that u can stop urself from your console being flagged but, i used to play my xbox through my laptop for connection(i dont anymore) but would if some1 were to do this.

Get an xbox never modded b4 so a fresh one so to say and flashes it right now and goes online with mw2 lets say. now bridge ur connection like i did through a laptop lets say and use wireshark or any kinda of packet tracer, record it with hypercam or something and look for a packet from ms, so just filter them out to the ms servers if its at all possible and see wat that packet contains exactly and wat not. every thing u send on the internet is digital stamped, so for those of u using peer guardian or something so cops cant c u or w/e think 2wice

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
jester_ said:

Should be 100%.

Automatically checks against the blacklist and will error on a banned console.

Every single banned console that is registered to me gives a error and everyone i know that has a banned console gets the same error. Pretty sure its 100%.

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
halolordkiller3 said:
u know i was thinking this the other day. not that u can stop urself from your console being flagged but, i used to play my xbox through my laptop for connection(i dont anymore) but would if some1 were to do this.

Get an xbox never modded b4 so a fresh one so to say and flashes it right now and goes online with mw2 lets say. now bridge ur connection like i did through a laptop lets say and use wireshark or any kinda of packet tracer, record it with hypercam or something and look for a packet from ms, so just filter them out to the ms servers if its at all possible and see wat that packet contains exactly and wat not. every thing u send on the internet is digital stamped, so for those of u using peer guardian or something so cops cant c u or w/e think 2wice

Uhh... ever heard of live logs? :rolleyes:
You are seriously over-complicating things anyways... why would you use hypercam to watch the packets? That's absolutely silly.

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
:biggrin:
jester_ said:
why would you use hypercam to watch the packets? That's absolutely silly.

LoL...

...we all know camtasia is waaaay better.

:biggrin:

/troll

Adv

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
or you know just don't flash that fresh-start-xbox, and either play it legit for good or wait a bit for LT.

and this ↓

Lost4468 said:
Chances are you have been flagged, your powerless to do anything if you have.

halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
idk jester its a thought that popped in my head. if an idea comes tom any1's mind they can say it, unless its a stupid halo 3 mod ? that is a common sense one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register