What's new

Discussion SBMM in Warzone?

X

xXI CoLLiN IXx

“S7 Member since 2009”
Reaction score
Okay so before anyone tries to rip on me or be negative, idgaf 1v1 me bro.

Something feels “different” with warzone now.
The first 2-3 days it was fun and “easy” and I was top 50 for wins and top 100 for kills. It was a perfect TTK.

Now I can’t even get more than 3 f*cking kills. I literally mag dumped someone with a m13 THAT WAS REVIVING HIS TEAMMATE. He had somehow ENOUGH TIME AND HEALTH to pull out his m13 and f*cking YEET me with half of a mag. I had full health and armor. That’s just one instance out of soooo many. It’s like I went from good to complete SH*T. Hit markers for days, i would get YEETED by free 2 play noobs in gulag. I’m not bad. I have a 1.93 KD in multiplayer.

It feels like they are giving f2p players advantages ?!?

So this is what I did.

I made a new xbox live account and Activision account and booted up warzone.
It was like the first 1-3 days. “Fair” kills.

IW is hiding something from us.

My post on reddit about possible SBMM in warzone was deleted.

So was everyone else’s that want answers.

There’s no way in hell I had 15 wins the first day the game came out (it wasn’t my day off) and now I can’t even get more than 3 kills in a single freaking game.

Rants over.

What are yalls thoughts ?

3xTiNcT

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I kinda feel the same way and had the same thing happen to me when I unloaded a clip into someone reviving their teammate. There has to be some sort of sbmm but I think people are just figuring out how to play it now. I also find it hard to play with randoms without actually trying to solo it cause they always go off on their own and leave. Not sure if you've been playing with a squad or with randoms but having a squad helps.

S

schitzotm

Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know what all this kid speak means. YEET or whatever you are trying to type there.
But, I do not think it is skill based. It really looks to me like lag or light modding. (As in a player has more armor plates than allowed to be stuffed in armor)
I have found very few with modded radar though. Also found I can hide on top of the airport tower and single fire an LMG with a heat signature scope and end every game with 20+ kills (or YEET whatever this stupid word means)
That is plunder mode. Found in royale mode just to keep moving as the best method for success.
in plunder it’s easy to get tons of kills. Take a helicopter and wait for one of those money deposits to come up. Then find a 10+ story building or a tower of some sort and snipe anyone that gets close to it. For some reason they will land near the money spot and you can just keep killing them.
and if your squad is up there as well they can take the chopper to the money and pick it up between the killings. (And grab you some more ammo of course) passenger gets out and pilot moves to avoid being shot and drops long enough for passenger to get back in. So long as the sniper keeps dropping people they will succeed. I have been doing this since release and do not feel like I have been put into different match making.
Although the first two games I played felt like I was playing against bots.
In plunder I don’t really care where I place all I want to do is shoot people. So camping high places near heavy populated spots is where you will find me. (If I don’t find you first)

T

tycox94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some background:
I have played competitive call of duty for many years on the Gamebattles ladder, and I play at the top 2% of all players.

The Problem:
These companies are leaning into SBMM for financial reasons. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise as everyone seems to have a motive these days.

The Solution:
f*** their stats up.
- For multiplayer, throw 5 games in a row. Then play your 6th game and destroy kids. Once the 6th game is over, take the name of the bottom player on the scoreboard and join their lobby in progress.
- For league play/ELO systems, throw games and lower your accuracy by shooting around like an idiot.
- For BR, I am still trying to figure this out. I have dropped my K/d for warzone from 2.46 to 1.50. There has been a drastic effect in my 1v1s as people are no longer hitting every shot. My dad is getting smoke in my warzone lobbies so the goal is to take it down lower than 1.0k/d. I'll update this thread shortly on the result.

f*** SBMM. Kids have it too easy these days.

X

xXI CoLLiN IXx

“S7 Member since 2009”
Reaction score
I kinda feel the same way and had the same thing happen to me when I unloaded a clip into someone reviving their teammate. There has to be some sort of sbmm but I think people are just figuring out how to play it now. I also find it hard to play with randoms without actually trying to solo it cause they always go off on their own and leave. Not sure if you've been playing with a squad or with randoms but having a squad helps.
It has to be.
on my new account I was smashing kids up until level 57ish and than all of the sudden the same **** started happening again. I loaded up BO4 multiplayer and was straight DESTROYING players.
Also, I read on PING. If your in a lobby with any ping higher than <80 latency than I’ve noticed my “shots” don’t hit as much. When I’m in a lobby with ping around 30-50 give or take I absolutely RINSE other players and my gameplay looks smooth. I don’t think it’s SBMM. I think it’s connectivity. What do y’all think?

Far away host = higher ping. Not so smooth gameplay + “not hitting shots” or a lot of hit markers (remember it’s projectile, not hit box)
It makes sense if your ping is higher than the guy your shooting at.

Close host = lower ping
Smooth gameplay (FPS) hitting my shots and rinsing players. Having good camera angels on players.

It’s got to be connectivity and not SBMM for warzone.

Thoughts ?
Post automatically merged:

I dont know what all this kid speak means. YEET or whatever you are trying to type there.
But, I do not think it is skill based. It really looks to me like lag or light modding. (As in a player has more armor plates than allowed to be stuffed in armor)
I have found very few with modded radar though. Also found I can hide on top of the airport tower and single fire an LMG with a heat signature scope and end every game with 20+ kills (or YEET whatever this stupid word means)
That is plunder mode. Found in royale mode just to keep moving as the best method for success.
in plunder it’s easy to get tons of kills. Take a helicopter and wait for one of those money deposits to come up. Then find a 10+ story building or a tower of some sort and snipe anyone that gets close to it. For some reason they will land near the money spot and you can just keep killing them.
and if your squad is up there as well they can take the chopper to the money and pick it up between the killings. (And grab you some more ammo of course) passenger gets out and pilot moves to avoid being shot and drops long enough for passenger to get back in. So long as the sniper keeps dropping people they will succeed. I have been doing this since release and do not feel like I have been put into different match making.
Although the first two games I played felt like I was playing against bots.
In plunder I don’t really care where I place all I want to do is shoot people. So camping high places near heavy populated spots is where you will find me. (If I don’t find you first)
You are not into guns are you? Look up “yeet cannon”

Look at my reply above ^

Some background:
I have played competitive call of duty for many years on the Gamebattles ladder, and I play at the top 2% of all players.

The Problem:
These companies are leaning into SBMM for financial reasons. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise as everyone seems to have a motive these days.

The Solution:
f*** their stats up.
- For multiplayer, throw 5 games in a row. Then play your 6th game and destroy kids. Once the 6th game is over, take the name of the bottom player on the scoreboard and join their lobby in progress.
- For league play/ELO systems, throw games and lower your accuracy by shooting around like an idiot.
- For BR, I am still trying to figure this out. I have dropped my K/d for warzone from 2.46 to 1.50. There has been a drastic effect in my 1v1s as people are no longer hitting every shot. My dad is getting smoke in my warzone lobbies so the goal is to take it down lower than 1.0k/d. I'll update this thread shortly on the result.

f*** SBMM. Kids have it too easy these days.
Read my reply above ^^

if ANYONE has any input they would like to share please feel free to comment !
(For the 3 guest watching this thread)

T

tycox94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, throwing games worked. Since I posted, I have carried my Dad to 3 victories, out of maybe 15 games, some as a two man squad in 3s.

The SBMM is based on your sum of kills for recent games... Just like multiplayer. Easy dubs, boys. After throwing matches, I drop 18 kills for the win and then **** gets hard again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom