What's new

Tutorial Saving the Dunce Cap (temporarily)

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I couldn't find this glitch here so just adding it. I'm not the founder.

You need to be in "Bad Sports." Blowing up other players cars is the fastest way (not sure if there's even another way tbh).

Get a friend to keep calling out a car for you to blow up if you don't want to get griefed by other players. Should be in BS after 20-50 Personal Vehicles are destroyed.

Once in BS, you'll need to make sure the Dunce Cap pokes through the roof of a car (doesn't matter if it's a street car or PV).

I'm trying to figure out if the next step matters but, according to videos on YouTube, you need to buy the 1st Standard Outfit in the Outfits at the counter at any Clothing Store or Ammu Nation, then save it either directly above or below the outfit you want to save the Dunce Cap on.

Once you have saved and equipped the Standard Outfit, proceed to sit in a vehicle.

Prior to sitting in a car, you're going to open your Interaction Menu, go to Style, WITHOUT equipping the outfit you are just going to move the option over to be ready to select the outfit you want the DC on, and hover over Parachute.

As you hit Triangle (PS4, Y on Xbox) to get into the car, you are going to select the outfit as you sit in the car.

If the DC isn't showing, keep trying. Timing is everything here.

Once the cap is visible while inside the car, get out and save the outfit.

I don't think the Standard Outfit is necessary, but can't confirm just yet. It would make sense that you can use any outfit, even the one you're trying to save the DC on, but I don't know for sure.

Cris Formage

Cris Formage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It saves but won’t last if you ever change the outfit that you’ve saved the dunce cap on. Once you change clothes the cap is gone forever.

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It saves but won’t last if you ever change the outfit that you’ve saved the dunce cap on. Once you change clothes the cap is gone forever.
Well that sucks.. so if you save it onto multiple outfits it will only stick on the one you're wearing when you come out of BS? Like can you make backup outfits for when you load in, in case it disappears, since most hats are removed going in n out of properties?

Does it disappear even if you re equip the same outfit?

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It also will disappear eventually once you get out of bad sport.
It’s technically a blacklisted item in regular lobbies.
Usually a tuneable update or a DLC will erase whichever outfit you have it on.
Has been like this for years.
I have even tried many things on PC to save it to no avail.
I can just give myself the dunce cap but as soon as I restart it and my entire outfit are deleted automatically by the game code.
To be perfectly honest I have never been sent to bad sport and don’t care to go there for a clothing item that won’t save.
As a Modder/glitcher of this game since 2013 I would much rather keep a low profile than be on any of Rockstars lists.

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It also will disappear eventually once you get out of bad sport.
It’s technically a blacklisted item in regular lobbies.
Usually a tuneable update or a DLC will erase whichever outfit you have it on.
Has been like this for years.
I have even tried many things on PC to save it to no avail.
I can just give myself the dunce cap but as soon as I restart it and my entire outfit are deleted automatically by the game code.
To be perfectly honest I have never been sent to bad sport and don’t care to go there for a clothing item that won’t save.
As a Modder/glitcher of this game since 2013 I would much rather keep a low profile than be on any of Rockstars lists.

That ship sailed for me after the first Pay N Spray sell glitch on the PS3 version lol.. I have only recently become "toxic," because of how many sweaty boys grief everyone. I usually only put the pressure on griefers but once in awhile simps get caught in the crossfire... wish Rockstar would implement some kind of visible reward/demerit system to put griefers in BS permanently.. thankfully this is only my 2nd time in Bad Sport... I may move to PC tho because I like the modding more than I like hunting people down, in GTA anyway... if I wanna do FPS I throw on some Warzone lol.. sucks GTA has become what it is

Hopefully though with that bit of info other people avoid Bad Sport. I wish I would have known it didn't stick. Definitely not a fan of the atmosphere in BS... and don't need any more flags on my OG account... been in the 1per day club for years too.. and my plates are locked

Last edited:
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah man
GTA on PC is great because of the modding.
I have a beast outfit with a dunce cap saved in my menu... lol
Plus PC will get all of the DLCs that PS5 gets after they stop updating PS4.
In addition you can buy a gaming PC/Laptop for a decent price.
It may cost twice as much as a console but it pays off because you can have more fun modding.
If you decide you want to go that way PM me I have some suggestions for you.

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I had the dunce cap saved for almost 2 weeks, until I drove my Kosatka... it puts the scuba mask on and removes the dunce cap smh... back to Bad Sport I go lol ?

I'm gonna assume the Dinghy, Avaris and Kraken all remove the dunce cap too... I've been in the Toreador in water with no issues with the cap, so that's safe.
Post automatically merged:

idk why I can't edit this thread, but saving the Standard Outfit isn't necessary to save the outfit with the DC.. it just helps to switch to the outfit (that you're making) faster.. you can just equip the outfit you're making, hover over parachute n it will still be the first outfit in the list in your interaction menu as you're going to sit in a car... once you've sat in the car it bumps to the outfit in slot 1 anyway, making the Standard Outfit save completely redundant, as you'd still have to scroll through your other outfits to get to the one you're making

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register