Save Editor

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by xxxravenxxx, Dec 28, 2008 with 11 replies and 716 views.

1. xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok well to start off I read goldbl4d3 tut part 2 it was teaching me alot I also started to read books on c# just to know alittle more,Anyway I want to crate a save editor
    so for example if I wanted to edit money in a save I would like to open that save in the app then it shows me the amount of money in a texbox and all I have to do is edit the number I want then click edit and it wrights the offset for that number that I typed um it's like that app called fallout 3 caps edtor or left for dead mod tool or that new app called gears of war 2 mod tool stuff like that.

I have alot of code in my head and I don't know what to put down so I don't know how clear can it be but I hope I made it understandable:smile:.

2. sillybob123

sillybob123 Newbie

Ratings:
    Well you wanna instigate the reader function tell it to go to your 'Money' Offset then replace the data at that offset for the data entered in the textbox

i think this is what i had before when i made something like this

EndianIO io = new EndianIO(GlobalVariables.FilePath, EndianType.BigEndian);
    io.Open();
    {
    conAuthorOffset2 = 0xC000;
    }

string authorText = txtConAuthor.Text;

{

io.Out.BaseStream.Position = conAuthorOffset2;
    io.Out.WriteAsciiString("0000000" + authorText, 8);

io.Close();

Obviously you have to declare all your endian etc... but you get the idea!

Hope that helps

3. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    are you talking about a modding app or just an application that saves numbers, but you can save like multi values, and edit each one of them privatlely.

4. OP
    xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    Well I want to make a modding app to mod the save like when I was using fallout 3 cap editor I opened up the save and it showed me my amount that I had in the game
    heres a link to devils may cry editor [Click here to view the link] this one will let me open up the save and it shows me my stats in the save then I could edit the number I want in a textbox.

A source would also be nice I remeber when goldbl4d3 made these sources and I learned alot so thx goldbl4d3 just would like to say that.

Edit: Well after sometime me working on it and just to put it in a nutshell i need it to read the offset then translate (270f hex) into (9999 dec) that number would come up in the textbox thus I could then edit it.

5. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    well I helped you out over the private msg, but was there anything else you were talking about.

6. OP
    xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    I didnt get a pm from you goldbl4d3 I only have one witch is from the se7ensins bot.

7. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    o, sorry. I was thinking of another guy. But yeah, explain alittle more. But dont say like the fallout cap editor

8. OP
    xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    Well that is what I wan't to learn it's funny:smile: but I wan't to know how to do it, fallout 3 editor is the samething that I'm talking about I could make better apps in the future for alot of games I was really thinking that the code is ez but I guess not.No matter how much I learn about c# I still don't know the code for stuff i need to do or how to reseach it:frown:.

9. GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    explain what your trying to learn, dont give me an example.

10. OP
    xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    To explain a little better it's like Fallout 3 editor what I want to do is just like that so the program would of open the save then go to the money offset or any offset like hp or somthing now in the textbox it will show your money (in numbers) so it will have to i guess tranlate the value (270f in hex) to 9999 in dec so that number will show up in the textbox and then I could type a number in the textbox like 5000 and have a button that says edit ill click it and I guess it would translate that value and wright 1388 hex where the 270f is that is why I gave you ex becuz that is what fallout 3 save editor is doing I'm sure of it.

11. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    I wrote up some code that might help you. The way I did stuff probably isn't a very good way if you are dealing with a lot of data but if you are just reading in a few things like money and hp and such it should work relatively nice. It should hopefully be easy for you to change it to your needs.
    [Click here to view the link]

12. OP
    xxxravenxxx

xxxravenxxx Newbie

Ratings:
    Thankyou this is what I need and thankyou to everyone that was trying to help me.