SATA Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Yea, I was just wondering if anyone knew from experience if a Window's Hp Pavilion has sata cables already in it. I would check myself, but I'm sick today and I really don't want to do anything I don't have/want to do, so thanks!

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Reaction score
Depends if the mobo in it has SATA connectors. If it does, it may have a SATA drive in there and with that a SATA cable.

DarkDuo02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I was just wondering if anyone knew from experience if a Window's Hp Pavilion has sata cables already in it. I would check myself, but I'm sick today and I really don't want to do anything I don't have/want to do, so thanks!

my pavilion has 2 sata cables one for dvd drive and one for hdd i just disconnected the dvd and use it for my xblox, i got a laptop next to it so i dont need a dvd drive

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
What's the model number?

An easy way is to take the side cover off and look for something like in the picture below going into the disc drive and HDD(s):

Tyler

Reaction score
Jay, the one on the right isn't SATA? (Or is it another variant of it?)

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Jay, the one on the right isn't SATA? (Or is it another variant of it?)
Wrong it's SATA. Just flipped upside down I do believe. Also look at the cable in the background it says "Serial ATA" on it. :wink:

(I guess there are connectors without the "L" shape so it's not entirely idiot proof)

EDIT: I just checked my external HDD which has eSATA and the input matches the one on the right in that picture so I guess the one without the L shape is for eSATA and not SATA.

Tyler

Reaction score
IT isn't a flipped SATA. The little notch (Left cable, on the right the downward notch) isn't there on the one on the right at all.

That or it's different then what I know. I may be wrong though.

Tyler

Reaction score
Oh I see....well, I learned something new today =].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom