Sandbox Picture Released.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by Twis7eD, Jan 30, 2009 with 20 replies and 950 views.

1. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    A picture of the last of the mythic maps was released today. It is the map sandbox found here . [​IMG]
    In my oppinion it looks like a bad sandtrap copy and I dont like it unless it has amazing forge capabilitys. Here is the link to bungie where the map is unlong with other mythic map pack pictures. [Click here to view the link]

2. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    It is likely that most if not all of those items are forgable. (Just a guess from the descriptions they have given) And the name of the picture is Halo3_Mythic-SANDBOX_Environment-01.jpg does this mean there are different environments instead of sand?

3. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Im not sure but nice find with the environmental thing. I wouldnt have realized that.

4. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    And also, look closely. It seems that most if not all of the pieces can be moved.

5. darkFX

darkFX Contributor

Ratings:
    Its like a Halo 1 map and i hope that its envirochangable that would be great

6. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Came across this nice thread on Bungie.net:
    [Click here to view the link]

7. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    Someone took too much time analyzing that picture.

8. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Very nice. Ive been waiting for a pic. I also have to say it looks like the whole map has been forged, you can see the cracks where peices fit together. I hope this particular layout doesnt make the final cut cause its just WAY too open.

9. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    i'm really disapointed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. VexxVoid

VexxVoid Semi Colon Close Parenthesis

Ratings:
    I actually like it, everything looks deletable which is sweet.

11. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    They confirmed in the bungie weekly update today that it is a forge editing map unlike any other. So i think it will be better then foundry.

12. Jay

Jay Retired Retired

Ratings:
    That screenshot is only showing one section of the map.

This one section is stupid and looks like another sandtrap so lets hope the rest of it looks better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I'd hate to base all of ones opinion on one screenshot, but the picture itself doesn't look very promising..

I'd like to see a new forge pallet to Foundry though.

14. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I agree. Unfortunately, like they said when the first map pack came out, They cant update, add or change anything on the Forge pallet for previous maps (this now includes Foundry). As for everyone else saying the Map doesnt look too good, I also agree.... But If it were to have been skinned differently (not just a Copy of the Bitmaps from Sandtrap) I bet no-one would be complaining.:thumbup:

15. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Exactly what I think. Ever since I heard the being called sandbox, I thought that it better not be anything like sandtrap and look what they give us. It just seems exactly like sandtrap except smaller. Its terrible and I wont buy the mythic maps unless the map editor is REALY good. All the maps in my oppinion are to generic and boring looking. I would rather have remakes of halo 2 maps like sanctuary, midship, ivory tower, ascension, and others.

16. VexxVoid

VexxVoid Semi Colon Close Parenthesis

Ratings:
    Yeah more remakes would be cool, but it's always good to have verity.

17. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    in my opinion, i think it will be cool if it was like this

[Click here to view the link]

or maby like a combo of sandtrap, foundry and standoff combined. even though i hate standoff

18. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    i think it might be a sand trap spin off also RVB how can it be a combo of standoff and foundry and standoff

19. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
    looks like a sick map already seems my favorite

20. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings: