Sandbox - Frailty

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by Hadokenchild, Jun 30, 2009 with 7 replies and 1,680 views.

1. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Newbie

Ratings:
    For 8 - 16 players
    Supported Gametypes:
    Assault, Capture the Flag, Infection, Juggernaut, King of the Hill, Oddball, Slayer, Team Slayer, Territories, VIP

Get Map Here
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=86104694

[​IMG]

Frailty is an asymmetric map designed for competitive vehicular combat for parties of 8 to 16 people. The map has all gametypes available but has really only been tested for Slayer, CTF, KOTH, and Assault.

Vehicles

Mongoose x4
    Warthog x2
    Ghost x2

Weapons/Equipment

BR - 20 sec resp - 2 clips
    Shotgun x2 - 90 sec respawn - 0 clips
    Sniper x2 - 120 sec respawn - 0 clips
    Carbine x2 - 90 sec respawn - 1 clip
    Rocket Launcher - 150 sec respawn - 1 clip
    Spartan Lazer - 180 sec respawn
    Missile Pod - 120 sec respawn - 0 clips
    Needler x2 - 60 sec respawn - 1 clip
    Brute Shot x2 - 90 sec respawn - 1 clip
    Plasma Rifle x2 - 30 sec respawn
    Plasma Pistol x2 - 45 sec respawn
    Magnum x2 - 30 sec respawn - 1 clip
    Frags - 10 sec respawn
    Plasma'nades - 10 sec respawn
    Overshield - 150 sec respawn
    Bubble Shield - 120 sec respawn
    Power Drain - 120 sec respawn

The Attackers base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This base should immediately spark fond memories of good ol' Blood Gulch from Halo CE. Rather than having two external ramps to gain access to the top of the base, this version has 4. This layout offered the opportunity to add reccessed spaces inside the base that didn't exist on Blood Gultch. Yes the enitre floor of the base is grass, and yes there is some flicker. Unfortunately the flicker isn't fixable since the grass would glitch invisible if positioned correctly. There is also a teleporter on top of the base that takes you about 1/3 of the way accross the map toward Red Tower.

Red Tower
    [​IMG]
    Also known as Splazer spawn, this position covers top mid at rocket spawn, attackers sniper spawn, the front of the attackers base, defenders base sniper spawn, the front of the defenders base, and Blue Tower. Line of sight obstructions keep this spot from being too overpowering as both teleporters can't be seen from this position as well as OS spawn at bottom mid.

Blue Tower
    [​IMG]
    Also known as Missle Pod spawn, this position covers Defenders snipe spawn, top mid Rocket spawn, bottom mid OS spawn, both bases fronts, and Attackers teleporter.

Attackers Brute Shot spawn
    [​IMG]
    The purpose of this position, just left of the base, is to cover the front of the base, the front of the middle structure, and Blue Tower. The Brute Shot spawns underneath with a BR spawn on top.

Attackers Carbine spawn
    [​IMG]
    This position has the same cover areas as BS spawn except Carbine spawn covers Red Tower.

Defenders Base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This base is a bit of a hybrid between Valhalla's horseshoe design, Relic's aesthetics, and sniper spawn from Last Resort. This design is sure to keep would be defenders on their toes as this base is pretty pourous. There is a gravlift that takes you from bottom floor to top floor power drain spawn, while still allowing players to jump back down the lift if they need to. The aesthetic design of the lift allows the defending team to see into the lift at alll times.

Defenders BS Spawn
    [​IMG]
    This mirrors the Attackers Carbine spawn with same principles and cover areas.

Defenders Carbine Spawn
    [​IMG]
    This position mirrors the Attackers Brute Shot spawn.

Rocket Spawn/OS Spawn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both areas are seperate from each other enough that it is very difficult for anyone to get both itms simultaneously. Both these areas are very open to all positions.

Action shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to all who helped in testing (list to be added later) and thanks to all who DL. All criticisms are welcome.

2. OP
    Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Newbie

Ratings:
    Just a head sup. I have uploaded a new version of the map today. Just make sure you dlete the old map first before you download since the name hasn't changed.

3. darkerwolfo

darkerwolfo Newbie

Ratings:
    that map looks like it was put in teh game nice map

4. OP
    Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Newbie

Ratings:
    Well ladies and gents, the final version of Frailty is now on my fileshare. I updated the post with the new link.

I added ramps to the perimeter towers outside the defenders base (no more crouch jumping required!)
    I fixed all the non-spawning objects
    I changed the respawn time of the Mongeese from 90 to 20
    I changed the respawn time for the Warthogs from 120 to 150
    I changed the respawn time for the Ghosts from 30 to 60
    I tweaked the respawn areas for both CTF and Assault
    I swapped the locations of the Needlers and bottom mid BR's
    I also fixed the defenders bomb spawn so they can actually PICK IT UP lol
    No, the sniper rifles are still clipless. Again during testing tonight we had some good snipers and even tho they complained of the lack of ammo, they had a very easy time sniping people. We only had a group of 4v5 so things weren't quite even, but the games were close and down to the wire at times. Still it proved that any additional ammo would have hindered the enjoyment for those who weren't sniping.

That's it. Thanks to all who helped out and I hope this fixes all the issues.

5. Super Chicken

Super Chicken Newbie

Ratings:
    How did u make that it must of took a long time:ohmy:

6. OP
    Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Newbie

Ratings:
    I'd been slowly working on it since the release of Halo Wars lol. But I came down with a bad case of RROD so I couldnt forge for about 2 months. So around 70-80 hours I think.

So has anyone gotten a game in on this yet? What do you guys think of the final version?

7. Tombstoned

Tombstoned Enthusiast

Ratings:
    qued for download. from the screen shots it looks like its gonna be bomb dot com, cant wait to run some flag and bomb on it. :thumbup:

8. soldatdariane

soldatdariane Newbie

Ratings: