Solved Samsung Toshiba MS28 help

• Thread starter kni9ht51o
  • Start date
  • Views 5,311
K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using jungle flash i tried everything to bring it into vendor mode. When i hit Unlock sammy it says

"Sending Sammy_Un_Lock to Drive on port 0xFD00
Stage 1, Complete!
Stage 2, Complete!
Stage 3, Complete!
Done!
Sending Vendor Intro
Vendor Intro Failed"

When i hit Intro/Device ID it says "Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xFD00
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro: .................................
Device Intro failed!"

I tried plugging out the power to the drive and plugging it back in within a sec, still doesn't work, can any one help me?

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Do you have the tray halfway out? If you did not do that then that is why Vedor Intro is failing.

It isn't halfway out... i tried that awhile ago see if it worked but it didn't

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Opening the drive tray halfway and drive status closed is to enter Vendor mode. Which is what you are failing at doing. Believe me. I am one of the most experienced at flashing on this forum. I wouldn't lie to you.

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Opening the drive tray halfway and drive status closed is to enter Vendor mode. Which is what you are failing at doing. Believe me. I am one of the most experienced at flashing on this forum. I wouldn't lie to you.

the thing is that i dont have a small enogh screw driver... so sad

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok well next thing to try is to use the emergency eject button. This is the same as manual in a way. Make sure you have the drive off when you do this. Because this will give a open status if the drive is on. So unplug the power cable from the back and push a needle or something small enough through this hole.
IMG_0309.jpg

Now im not too sure if the samsung has the emergency eject. Not all drives do. But it might. So its worth a shot. If it doesn't then i suggest finding a small screwdriver.

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
I opened it and slide the switch but the Drive still didn't go into vendor mode, When i slide it the green light flashes in the front.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That is because it recognizes it as a open status. Go get a screwdriver. Open the case of the dvd drive and use the tutorial on opening drives that i posted.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/fir...09-manually-open-your-xbox-360-dvd-drive.html

If you are using a 360 to power and you manually open it before you turn on the 360 it will close.
If you open the drive while the 360 is on and power to the drive is available it will get a open status.
You have to turn on your 360 then unplug the power to the drive, then manually open it halfway. Then plug the power back into the drive and continue.

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
That is because it recognizes it as a open status. Go get a screwdriver. Open the case of the dvd drive and use the tutorial on opening drives that i posted.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/fir...09-manually-open-your-xbox-360-dvd-drive.html

If you are using a 360 to power and you manually open it before you turn on the 360 it will close.
If you open the drive while the 360 is on and power to the drive is available it will get a open status.
You have to turn on your 360 then unplug the power to the drive, then manually open it halfway. Then plug the power back into the drive and continue.

Ok,
1st) I turned on the 360
2nd) I unplugged the power to the drive.
3rd) I Manually slid to open the disc tray
4th) I plugged the power back in

And it still says "Vendor Intro Failed" when i hit sammy unlock and Says "Device Intro Failed" when i hit intro/Device ID

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Answer

You have port io installed?:
Go into device manager and make sure it says VIA6421 Raid Controller?:
Sata cable is not damaged?:

If anything. Use dosflash and screw jungleflasher.

K

kni9ht51o

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Answer

You have port io installed?:
Go into device manager and make sure it says VIA6421 Raid Controller?:
Sata cable is not damaged?:

If anything. Use dosflash and screw jungleflasher.

where would it say raid controller at? cause i cant find it and yes i have Port IO installed

Top Bottom
Login
Register