Solved Samsung MS-28

• Thread starter Light Angel3877
  • Start date
  • Views 1,420
L

Light Angel3877

Reaction score
Sin$
So, I just recently came back to Se7enSins, after modding Halo 2, oh maybe like 4 years ago. I have done absolutely no modding whatsoever between then and now, so doing anything to the 360 is new to me. I have 2 360's (an Elite, and a Pro) and I want to replace the DVD drive in the Pro. It has a Samsung MS-28 drive that has pretty much crapped out, not reading discs after 3 minutes, etc. So I was planning on replacing it. I'd like to know how I'd do that, and then how can I mod GTA IV online after I replace that.
Thanks for your help.

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So what you are trying to achieve is read the firmware on the MS28 (first half of flashing a 360 drive), spoof the firmware, and flash it onto your new dvd drive (last half of flashing a drive)

You can either buy a drive (Lite-On or BenQ recommended) & have me do the flashing and whatnot (it will be around $26 shipped) OR you can buy the drive and buy the tools to flash a 360. You will need a via chipset 6421, connectivity kit (optional but makes it easier). If you are getting a Lite-On which is the better dvd drive then you will need to have a probe which will run you around $17

L

Light Angel3877

Reaction score
Sin$
Abolfazl said:
So what you are trying to achieve is read the firmware on the MS28 (first half of flashing a 360 drive), spoof the firmware, and flash it onto your new dvd drive (last half of flashing a drive)

You can either buy a drive (Lite-On or BenQ recommended) & have me do the flashing and whatnot (it will be around $26 shipped) OR you can buy the drive and buy the tools to flash a 360. You will need a via chipset 6421, connectivity kit (optional but makes it easier). If you are getting a Lite-On which is the better dvd drive then you will need to have a probe which will run you around $17

alright, so you're saying I could actually replace that MS-28 with a Lite-On rather than just the same drive? Lite-Ons have been the most reliable among what I've heard so I'd go with that. Can I send you my current MS-28 drive and you send me back a modified Lite-On that will work in my console and play burnt games? If so, how much do you charge (I realize I'd probably have to pay for the acquisition of said Lite-On drive)?

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you do not have to use the same model drive. On your samsung does the tray open?
How this would work out is that you would send me your drive as well as a Lite On. You can always pay me the amount to buy a LiteOn from eBay and I would buy it and send it to my own house and you can send your samsung at around the same time.

In my honest opinion though i think it would be easier if you bought the LiteOn yourself and sent the samsung and liteon together. This way it would not be a huge cluster**** :tongue:
I charge $28* shipped if I am to send the samsung back. $24* shipped otherwise.

* This assumes you are sending the dvd drive only. Please tell me if you are going to send whole 360, in which case the shipping will be more

Feel free to contact me. I am always on AIM & MSN but PM works but is slower

L

Light Angel3877

Reaction score
Sin$
The tray is very strange, I will hit the button to open, and it makes some noise, but doesn't open. It opens about every 1/3 time, so it's functional but still annoying.

So, if I sent you the Samsung and the Liteon together, that's $28 plus shipping from my end?

And, do you have Skype? I never like AIM and am too lazy to download MSN.

Top Bottom
Login
Register