Samsung HD-63 laser problem, help?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by shadowbroker, Nov 18, 2008 with 4 replies and 1,301 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowbroker

shadowbroker Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello,

I have a Samsung drive in my 360, it used to be fine but I started betting errors, for example I would play a game then get dirty disc error after the game had been in a few moments, or a game would not load at all.

I had originally the HD-63 laser, so purchased a replacement laser, now when i put a disc in it says reading for about a second then says open tray, not sure whats going on, I made sure all the connections are back on the drive, but i am stumped on this.

Thank i need another samsung to replace my drive maybe? If thats the case i dont know how to even extract my key.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

:?:.(

2. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Try adjusting the POT

3. OP
    shadowbroker

shadowbroker Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I did, I last night got the pots on both units to match each others exact locations. I got a reply in another forum, said if all else fails i could get another MS28 drive and just swap the boards inside of them so save me needing to extract keys or anything.

4. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    Did you remove the anti static point off the laser? (it requires soldering)

5. OP
    shadowbroker

shadowbroker Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello,

Yes I did remove it. What I have done is just purchase a brand new Samsung MS-28 drive. It should be here today or tomorrow, when it arrives I will just swap over the boards inside of the drives to save me from having to mess about with keys or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.